Soap Opera Blog Awards

DrewH

• Members

With the recent addition of the Soap Opera Blog Weekly Ratings, I have decided that I want to develop an awards show for the soap oper blogs here on Soap Opera Network. This is a optional award show. Writers do not have to take part it this, but I can't see why you wouldn't. Now is the time where your work for the year pays off and you see how well your show and writing did in the year.

There will be a list of categories. The Pre-Nominations are the first stage of the award show. Each category will require you to place 2 choices for your own show. When you choose the 2 choices you would like displayed, you must also send in the episode with which that actor or actress is being considered for the award. For the real award shows, soaps send in tapes for each actor or actress in the category they are nominated into. You will send in the written episode.

Pre-Nominations are due November 1st. You will PM your choices to me by November 1st. After I get all of the participating pre-nominees, I will then be the one that judges who will will advance into the actual Nominations of the show based on the greatness of the actor, soap or writing. Nominations will then be announced November 15. The award show will take place December 10.

Categories:

Outstanding Drama

Outstanding Writing

Outstanding Lead Actress

Outstanding Lead Actor

Outstanding Supporting Actress

Outstanding Supporting Actor

Outstanding Younger Actress

Outstanding Younger Actor

Outstanding Return

Outstanding Female Newcomer

Outstanding Malen Newcomer

Outstanding Hero

Outstanding Heroine

Outstanding Villain

Outstanding Villainess

Outstanding Supercouple

Outstanding Storyline

Are you guys interested? Please let me know if you're willing to participate by just replying to this post and saying whether you will or not.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe you should hold off until the end of the year? I know with the Ratings thing, people are writing their big stuff now. Maybe, since you've announced now that you're going to do it, the best thing would be to hold off, let the blogs gel a bit and see where they're going, then in January, everybody sends in their pre-noms. More & more attention is being paid to the blogs lately IMO, so riding the momentum out a bit could pay off. And NO, I'm not saying this just so my blog can be included. I just think since you've decided to do this, it would be best to give everybody some time to get a little more material out there for consideration,.

• Members

Yeah I think January for submissions is better. Besides, I have barely had time to look through my episodes and decide what to submit. With the ratings, everyone is starting to step up so maybe waiting a bit is best so that it's more exciting and many more can participate as some are only just starting or have started recently.

Archived