AMC: Veteran Actor Fired?

• Members

Since I can't confirm this because I don't know, I'll put it up here for discussion (this was linked at GL buzz and Mouse is supposedly a good source at Mediadomain):

http://www.mediadomain.com/cgi-bin/netforum/gl/a.cgi/3-101

Hard to believe but Vincent Irizarry (ex Lujack, Nick McHenry - GL) has been let go from AMC.

IMO, this is proof positive that daytime has taken a downward spiral - what could they be thinking? An actor of VI's caliber deserves much better and i'm sure he'll find it elsewhere.

Or at the very least, since GL seems to be so into bringing back former fan favorites, i'd love to see them scoop Irizarry up & back into the fold. AMC is beyond foolish.

-----

SOW: Is Jacob Young (JR) leaving when his contract expires? "We don't comment on contracts," says an AMC rep. Uh-oh.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would NEVER think to get rid of VI!! In my opinion, David Hayward is one of those signature characters. The way VI has played him is incredible. Even during the crappy storylines (I hated how David chose Babe over Bianca), I still enjoyed him!

This is ridiculous. They don't know the difference between style and substance.

• Members

It's true (about Vincent).

Guys I said back in July Vincent was out sooner rather than later but nobody wanted to believe it.

I can only hope that what I heard back then about him being fired was indeed false and that this is actually his choice. I highly doubt it but I pray he has something else lined up and asked to leave.

As for Myrtle, Palmer and Brooke, you might be glad it wasn't about them this time, but next time it probably will be.

• Members

Utter insanity if true.

His departure for me would rank up there with Eden's and Rebecca's and that's a pretty damned big deal. Their loss is still felt on the show today.

Frons and his fucked up focus groups need to keep somebody on the show who can actually act--they're becoming few and far between.

I'd much rather they ditch Thorsten (the actor's fine but I don't care if Zach leaves forever and I don't think the show longterm would be compromised outside the admittedly large upset for fans of Zach and Kendall..and the show can't really afford to piss off any more viewers). But I realize that won't happen and I do admit I want Zach around as a mitigating factor, competing lover man, as long as they have Kendall sniffing around Ryan.

• Members

It wouldn't surprise me if it was VI's choice to leave. The character has been isolated since he kept the secret about Miranda being alive.

I didn't like David betraying the Kane's, who were more of a family to him than Krystal and Babe ever were, but if AMC had to do it, I wish they had continued with the brief David/Kendall flirtation. Imagine the scenes between VI and AM when Kendall found out about the secret David was keeping. And it would have saved Kendall from Rylee hell.

I have to say I haven't missed Greenlee for a second. Budig's great, but after Rylee I had no interest in Greenlee.

• Members

It can be saved. Any show can be saved. DAYS is being saved as we speak ;)

But this is one of the most stupidest moves ABC for any of their shows has made. Its just ridiculous but I am not that surprised. Vincent would not have left on his own. His contract didn't expire until I think 2008. He resigned for 4 years in 2004. I have a funny feeling Burton could have been behind this..... he wants to make alot of cast cuts and he may have not saw much more potential for David. If that is the case I highly disagree. Megan sure she sucked alot of potential out of him but he could have easily got it back. I wonder how they'll write David out.

And about Jacob Young.... I figured we would have heard by now if he was leaving. His contract I think expired like a week ago or at least soon. He first aired the 2nd week of October in 2003.... they tape a month in advance....

Archived