AMC: Veteran Actor Fired?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now I know why they never paired David with Julia or Di or Krystal. Another stupid move by AMC. I don't think anyone is safe anymore except maybe for Susan Lucci and only because she is an icon. I bet they'd ship her out too now that she is almost 60 years old and can't do the diva thing anymore. These idiots have totally ruined this show. :angry:

• Members

I've been uploading vintage D&E clips for months now, and I thought in light of this news, that maybe some might need a reminder of just who David is capable of being when written for and given the chance. Like them or hate them together, Erica broke down the wall around David's heart and showed all of us (David included) a side to him that we haven't seen rivaled, since.

Not only is Vincent worth fighting for, David, David is too.

I even what I hope will end up being the final D&E scenes ever, from July posted. :)

This is a link to my site. Just in case you'd like a little background into each set of clips:

http://p203.ezboard.com/ftheperfectpairfrm30

And if you just want to dive right in, LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kylie1115

• Members

About the idea of Emma being David's daughter and him leaving with her, I don't see that happening for a lot of reasons. For one thing, if there was a chance of David being the father he would have said something about it by now. Also, after Cady Mcclain said on the Soap Secrets Revealed show that it appears Emma is Kate but looks can be deceiving, I'm really not sure that Emma is going to be Tad and Dixie's daughter after all. Finally, I actually think that is how JR is going to leave the show. Alexa Havins said on the Secrets show that he would do something worse than trying to kill her when he finds out she cheated on him with Josh. What could be worse than attempted murder, other than kidnapping her child?

Thinking about the missed opportunities with David really drives home just how bad the show has been, really since the end of the Michael murder trial. I just don't understand how the writers could make so many bad decisions.

Rylee - not just the couple but the way they came together. Who wanted to see Kendall get stomped on like that? And am I the only one who once loved Greenlee, but hasn't missed her at all? And how did the Ryan who saw the true Kendall (ie - catching her in his room and realizing that she wanted to be caught and pick a fight with him in order to work up her courage to testify in court) become the arrogant bastard who belittled and berated her over the past two years?

Aidan - Quickly moved from leading man and rival to Ryan for Kendall's affections to backurner romances with Anita and Erin, while being a Lavery lapdog. I can't believe he became Ryan's friend after Rylee.

David - Turning on the Kane's for a family that never accepted him, leaving him completely isolated. Honestly, if they weren't going to be with Ryan and Aidan repectively, why wasn't one of Greenlee or Kendall paired with David? Or if not them, why not Julia, Di, or Krystal?

Babyswitch - Characters who would never have kept the secret did so, and in the end Babe was allowed to skate free from punishment.

Babe and Jamie - Almost made Rylee look like a solid supercouple.

Reggie and Dani - Completely underused, only for the show to shove Colby/Sean/Sydney down our throats.

And so on.

Archived