Days: Rumored Recasts

Roman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think DAYS should re-cast Mickey and also should bring back either Sarah (probably more story possiblilties for her since she's around the age of Shawn, Belle, etc) or Melissa. I'd like to see 'em both back, but probably only one will return IMHO. I think Sarah could be paired with Phillip, who's gonna be re-cast as well, or Lucas (if Sami will still be paired with EJ).

I think re-casting Chelsea is not true. Rachel Melvin is a good actress. I'm hoping that another rumor I've seen on the net is true, that Chelsea is eventually being written off by the end of the year, after trying to kill Hope.

• Members

There are a lot of people who are fans of Doug and Julie. Some are big fans of them, and it does not make sense that Hope has had no scenes with them esp. since they are supposed to live in Salem again. And then their grandson almost dies and they are not there. They need to either explain Doug and Julie's absence in some way, or have them just move away again.

And as far as Mike, I agree with Krypton he doesn't need Carrie to have a story. He has family to interact with, and he can always be given story with other people. There is also a back story with him and Kayla that could be explored. He could always be there for her with what she is going through. I do not hope they bring Roark Critchlow back in the role though. They need to restore him back to his proper age to some degree.

I think esp. since they are bringing back Stefano, he needs to bring back some of the Hortons. And he esp. needs to bring back Mickey if this is supposed to be the Stefano of the 80's that is brought back. Mickey was one of the early enemys of Stefano. Of course all the later writing regimes forgot that the Hortons were early enemys and targets of Stefano. They focused on the Bradys or esp. the current supercouple. But Mickey helped investigate him and Stefano had Mickey held prisoner for months, making it appear to the Hortons that Mickey was dead. To make Stefano true to his nature they need to restore all aspects of Stefano.

• Members

Regardless of whether you are a fan or not, Doug is Hope's father and she is Daddy's girl and she is his Princess. His absence if definitely felt.

I agree about killing Mickey.

Same with Mike. Mike had over twenty years of story before he ever shared the screen with Carrie, much less Austin. I also disagree that Jeremy has no place on the canvas, with or without Mike. Jennifer certainly came to Salem without her parents. I would love this generation of Horton kids (Jeremy, Abby, Will) to emulate Jennifer, Hope and Melissa from the 80's in a way, honestly.

• Members

Jason, is there any truth to what I had read on another board about Days possibly not being able to meet their pay for appearances? I know you can't believe all that you read, but it did make sense that even though they are recurring they still have a required fee for their appearances. And if Days is working under a tighter budget, it does lend credibility to the statement too. Just wondering if you had any news on that?

• Members

I like Doug and Julie but don't miss them. I am used to them being in and out. Hell, they both missed Hope and Bo's first wedding so it has always been like this. They seem to lead busy off-screen lives so it is unfair to blame Days for not using them when maybe they aren't available. Again, another situation where we don't know what is going on with the actual stars. They do other things it's just that we don't hear everything.

As for the rumors, Dayscafe is never right unless they take info from other sites. Melvin is going nowhere. Mike and Jeremy I do think are possible and it can be done without Carrie as there was alot of history before Carrie/Mike. J&J don't have to be there either. Days can always bring Mike and Jeremy back without that side of the family there. It will work and I can totally see it. I think Mike, Jeremy, and Sarah are the 3 biggest options as far as Horton's. I would like seeing Melissa too but I am not sure Lisa Trusel wants to return.

• Members

They can't be blamed for that. It was TPTB's fault that they missed the first wedding. It was after they both were fired from the show. When Bo & Hope married the first time in 1985, Susan Seaforth Hayes had done taken the role of Joanna on Young and the Restless. More than likely neither were even asked to return for the wedding. When they were fired then they were not even put on recurring. They were just let go like so many of the older performers at the time.

They were not even invited to return as recurring until 1994. Of course Julie was brought back in 1990 after it was explained she had divorced Doug off-screen. Then the were brought back in 1994 and were on recurring until 1996. And then it was not until 1999 that their fans got to see them again.

I disagree that people are not missing them. This time has been more apparent to me and my family because JER had been using them more. They were involved in the Lucas/Sami story alot esp. Julie and then were there quite a bit during Zach's death. And then all of a sudden nothing. It makes it more apparent.

• Members

Oh I didn't know that Steve. Like I said, I miss them but I am used to them not being around. I do agree that after the last 7 years where we have seen them alot makes it apparent but I think most people are used to them returning and then taking off. I still think Julie was used alot during the first year of JER's tenure because Corday probably told him he needed to bring a Horton or two back due to them being decimated by the SSK murders. If not for the murders, Doug and Julie would've been seen during their little visits here and there and that's it. I did enjoy Julie/Bonnie though.

I think once things get settled we will see them as Hogan is very pro-Horton, that is if they aren't busy.

Archived