Days: Rumored Recasts

Roman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hogan said he wanted to introduce "twenty-something" Hortons so Mike returning is clearly something they've pulled out of their asses.

I do not see him recasting Chelsea either. If he is willing to fire Melvin (who is a good actress), then I think he will just cut his losses and dump the character.

• Members

With Jack and Jenn out I don't see the need to bring on Jeremy or Mike. That side of the Horton clan should stay 'away' unless the plan on bring on Laura, Bill and Mickey.

Looking deeply at the Horton family tree, I see some ideal options:

Last time we saw Melissa she was pregnent. Why not SORAs her unidentified kid (boy or girl) and have this kid be apart of Maggie's life. Melissa's other children would return too. Perhaps Melissa could meet an unfortunate fate and Maggie agrees to take on her children. I dont' want to kill of Melissa just for shits and giggles but I always hate it when grandkids just show up out of nowhere. If Melissa's baby were a boy, he could be romantically linked to Belle, Sami, Chelsea or give Billie some cradle robbing.

Sarah Horton, if left unaged, could fit into this category. She could come back for a variety of reasons and fit in easily. Perhaps she could be romantically linked to Phillip, Tek or EJ.

• Members

That is from Day's Cafe which is scarcely ever reliable or correct, mostly gossip. Rachel Melvin is a tremendous actress considering her time on screen. I would be more sure if it said that there is a possible Mimi recast. With a baby on the way and a lot of ends to work out, I just don't see Mimi going off into the sunset any time in the foreseeable future.

• Members

DaysCafe -- ugh -- plainly they suck.

I wouldn't mind Mike back. The character does seem like someone Hogan might write for. And then we'd have Jeremy -- probably a potential love interest for Stephanie down the road.

I see no need for Sarah or Melissa, at this point, although frankly, I'd love them to be brought back, just to give Maggie more connections.

And does anyone know if we are still getting a Mickey recast? How is John Clarke's health? Why can't he just be brought back (again -- if he's healthy enough) for family functions?

And I'm getting off track, but ...

I do hope we see more of Doug and Julie, just because of the smaller cast. They're recurring so I don't see why they aren't being used - at all - during this Hope divorcing Bo storyline. Their presence is lacking in a BIG way.

• Members

Krypton, I don't remember where I read it, but on some board somewhere it was stated that they had not been appearing because of the money. Even though they are recurring and do not have a contract, they still require a certain amount of money for their appearances - due to the time they were on the show, their acting experience, etc. I guess with the bigger cast and all at this point, Days has been unwilling to meet the price for now. Maybe after the cuts are made, Days can have them back some. Unless they fill the show back with other contract players.

If this is true, they may not be able to pay John Clarke to come back even recurring. I had just assumed for years, that if a person wasn't on contract they had to accept whatever money was paid them if they appeared. But I have read recently that the performers still have the option of setting their price, esp. if they still have managers. I just never thought about it but it does make sense.

Archived