DAYS: Gloved Hand

R!ck

• Members

Well now that TV Guide has confirmed all of the previous "rumours"

Stefano is returning

EJ is a DiMera

Patrick/EJ are the gloved hands.

Since EJ is a DiMera I am guessing he's really Elvis/John Jr

It's obvious that Patrick's been doing the dirty work for E.J.

To keep himself safe from being found out, EJ has set Patrick up (the promo with him being arrested)

The only problem with EJ being Elvis, It that Stefano would have known that Susan sent Kristen to the Sultan, and Susan and Edmund was raising his grandson. Stefano, being such a family man would have move heaven and earth to rescue his beloved daughter from the Sultan. So if EJ is Elvis, Wouldn't they have to bring Kristen/Susan back to tell the story?

Or maybe Stefano found out the truth (off camera) years ago, and rescued Kristen, had Susan offed, and Kristen raised EJ/Elvis/John Jr.

Many questions unanswered, but I'm sure Hogan will tell it well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

""If I had an adopted brother and he was dating my child, I'd ice-pick him to death""

ROTFL!

"Stefano is returning

EJ is a DiMera

Patrick/EJ are the gloved hands."

I really don't like this renewed emphasis on the Dimeras. And if James Stenbeck is any indication, Hogan doesn't like writing for complex villians. I think it would be best for the whole lot of them sans Lexie to be written out.

• Members

We know EJ is a Dimera but that could mean he is Tony's, Andre's, or Stefano's. I still think he could be Benji or some other Dimera we know nothing about. I doubt it's Elvis-Hogan would never do something like that and SORAS someone that much. We will see. I do think he sets Patrick up and had him doing all the dirty work. I also think that is why Patrick wanted to be a cop. I think they knew they may have to take out Eve so he had to join the force to spy and all that stuff.

As for Stefano, let's wait and see. Comparing him to Stenbeck and comparing anything Hogan is going to do to his stuff at ATWR is unfair. He mentioned he wants no one to be able to compare anything he does at Days to ATWT so I think he is not going to write anything like he did there. He seems to have grasped Days quite well and with Beth Milstein, SLG, Brash, and the rest of the team there I am sure we won't be seeing sci-fi Stefano but, rather, the classic Stefano of the 80's and early 90's.

I can't wait to see it play out because that is when we will truly know.

Brilliant point Keith. Carrie and him did seem to know each other and let's not forget Kayla and Steve mentioning Benji. Days has had a thing lately for the 80's so Benji still seems to be the most logical based on what we have seen so far.

• Members

Everyone knows how I feel about this from the other posts. So I am not going to say much.

I do feel that after last Monday that EJ is most likely going to be Elvis John. I mean why in the world would he be so secretive with Sami even about what the E or the J stood for. I know part of it is them not wanting to reveal to viewers, but if he was Benji or someone else it would not matter that much to Sami for him to tell her what the name stood for. He could tell her if his name was something else. A name like Elvis John though would be very familiar to Sami. Sami would not even remember Benji. So I think like Rick that he is going to be Elvis.

And another thing is as far as the fans if it was revealed what his name stood for we still wouldn't know anything if we knew what the name was short for. E or J is not going to stand for Benji - so revealing the name would not give that secret away to fans. If his name was some of form of E and J besides Elvis John just revealing his name was Ethan James or something like that would not give away to fans who this guy was. So either the writers have not decided what his name was or they are just hiding that he is really Elvis John. To me there is no other reason to keep that hidden, and they were very much still trying to hide it last Monday or Tuesday when Sami ask him about it.

And Phoenix as I have said before Hogan can employ the same writing style at Days that he did at ATWT and still not repeat stories. All other writers do. They may not repeat stories but they do have a style that follows them from one show to the other. And I think Hogan will not repeat stories he did at ATWT but his style will be the same. The way he wrote James Stenbeck was a style of writing, and I think it is a fair assumption for anyone to make that the characters will at least be similar. Even the great Doug Marland didn't repeat stories but he had a style that followed him to each show, and there were certain elements that you can look back on and say that is when Marland wrote the show. The same for Nixon, Lemay, etc.

As I said I do think and hope he will be true in that he is not going to repeat the stories, but he will repeat the style. And I think Stefano will be very similar to Stenbeck.

• Members

I agree with you Keith on that, but what would it have given away if EJ would have told Sami what his new name stood for. Even if she or the fans knew there would be no secret given away to Sami or the fans. I'm sure if Stefano changed the name with all his power he shrouded any evidence that would tie the new name back to Benji. So knowing the new name would not help anyone find who he really was. So the hiding of what it stood for made no sense, and EJ changed the subject very quickly when Sami brought it up and told her she didn't need to know. He is hiding more than just his name there, and that is the reason I believe it is Elvis John.

• Members

It might be but not from a cochlear implant. I am going to have to have an implant someday and unless it is a soap opera made up implant, you would be able to see the part of the implant that is on the outside of the ear. At least there is a part that is shown on all the ones I have been shown. My niece has to have one too and she was told that you could see part of them on the outside of the ear too.

It would be more from a special surgery that is only available in the soap opera world or to some of Stefano's doctors.

• Members

I doubt he will be Elvis. Like Keith said, there is so muck potential with him being Benji and Days has been digging into the 80's alot of late. I would be totally shocked if he was Elvis. Nothing I have seen so far has suggested to me this is Elvis. EJ said he had a nanny. I doubt that Susan and Edmund would have a nanny for her baby. Susan was way too attached to that child to let anyone take care of him after Kristen.

It totally makes sense for him to be Benji or maybe he is somehow Tony's son. We will see.

Steve I agree his writing style will be the same but he already admitted Days is a different entity. True some characters remind him of characters from ATWT but the writing team he has on Days I can't see letting him write Stefano like Stenbeck. Brash is there and look what him and Cwickly did for Tony. They wrote him beautifully and Beth will want to write him more grounded. Hogan himself said he won't write aliens or posession so I really think he is going for a more grounded show. Again, if not Hogan, the writing team won't want to make Stefano what he was under SSM and Langan. As I said, we will see how it plays out but I can't see Days giving us a Stenbeck-like Stefano or the Stefano we saw recently.

• Members

PR, I don't think you will get the Stefano with the aliens and possession, but I think just like James he could still be into mind control and things like that. Hogan used mind control big time with Stenbeck. He made Stenbeck more gothic, and I loved Stenbeck's mansion and all. But the mind control and all of that was still part of his character. And even though Stenbeck was gothic like Stefano was in the 1980's, Stenbeck was still nothing like he was and nothing like Stefano was. So I just don't think Stefano will be back to the 80's either. I think he will be more like he was under Reilly's first tenure.

I for one did not like Hogan's version of James Stenbeck - just about the only thing I didn't like under Hogan at ATWT. I know many others had other complaints but Stenbeck was my only one.

• Members

Orion Hawk (Benjy's Grandfather) took Benjy away from Salem to keep him safe from Stefano. Benjy hated Stefano and knew the kind of person he was. It just don't make sense that he is now an evil DiMera. Unless Steffy kidnapped him and brainwashed him. :huh:

But what if...Off camera, Stefano learned that Susan duped him into believing Kristen and Elvis was safely living in the Caribbean, when in fact she was being held captive by the Sultan. He rescues Kristen and they head to England to get "her" son back. Stefano has Susan and Edmund killed and he and Kristen kidnap "Elvis/JJ" and start a new life in Merry Ole England.

Archived