American Idol: Discussion Thread

• Members

I remember reading she had a new project in the works a year ago. I don't think I would have watched but it's a shame to see a legend get punted in favor of a show that has been a piece of [!@#$%^&*] for a decade.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, Seacrest has to do that morning talk show with Kelly Ripa in New York City five days a week now.  American Idol is based in Los Angeles.  If TPTB really want Seacrest to return as host, why can't they move the show to New York?  I can't say that I'm not worried about Seacrest ending up in an early grave.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

THANK YOU!

He had the Moms. My mom just loved him.

Some folks don't *need* to win Idol. Like Daughtry. Sometimes losing is better. And McPhee hasn't exactly had a snooze of a life ...

That too ....

But girls don't seem to vote for girls. Lots of talented women have lost Idol over the years as mediocre "hot" guys get advanced further.

Adam Lambert was by far more talented than Kris Allen, yet Allen won and Lambert has had the career of a lifetime ... meanwhile, this fall Allen will be singing at a Disney theme park ... 

I've always had issues with Idol and it's voting as well as it's teen audience voters as well as the soccer moms .... 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I blame Evangelical so-called "Christians" for Adam Lambert not winning.  After he came out officially, they had a campaign to not let a gay win, to vote Kris Allen. And yeah, I do hate the teen girl thing about the voting on IDOL.  IDOL this season lost some good people early in the Top 12, who were better than some that made the Top 5, especially that Kelly Clarkson wannabe and the horrible blonde chick.

Next season, I kind of hope there's a little switch up in the judging panel.  I do like the chemistry of Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, and Lionel Richie, but feel maybe a tougher judge a la the old style Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan or Sharon Osbourne, might be a great fit to balance out The Voice like coaching instead of critical judging like the old IDOL. 

Edited by David_Vickers
accidentally hit submit too early.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...