Which soap actor that made it big surprised you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh Kelly (who's now on the Lifetime dramedy series "UnREAL") and Melissa Fumero (who's now on the Fox sitcom "Brooklyn Nine-Nine") both from OLTL! They weren't terrble on OLTL, but their storyines on OLTL were both hits and misses!

• Members

I thought of another one: GL's Frank Grillo. I could have understood him working steadily (unlike Bailey Chase who just mystifies me, yet it seems like I see him guesting at least once a month on various shows), but not carrying a franchise movie series. I've never seen either of the Purge movies, but now I hear there's a third one in the works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I agree.  I remember when Ms. Moore made her GH debut, how everybody commented on how unusual her speaking voice was--and not in a good way.  Her character, Jackie Templeton was poorly written, as I remember it.  They didn't know what to do with her.  To be completely honest, I have no idea how they wrote her character out exactly.  Apparently, Ms. Moore's soap opera exposure gave her the boost she needed to go on to bigger and better things, and I don't mean to be critical of her.  I'm glad for anyone who finds success.  I think one thing that is true is daytime soap fans are the most intensely loyal fans that an actor or actress can have in their corner.  So, for that reason, a soap gig is good, added to the benefit of the actor/actress having the opportunity to improve their acting skills.

Archived