Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Members

Again, never said I would have cast Robbie Rist EXACTLY.  LMAO.

But there are/were a lot of things about him -- the pudginess, the long hair and glasses, the array of eclectic (and eccentric) interests/hobbies, such as his musical side career -- I would have incorporated in adult Chuckie McGuire (or Charlie, since "Chuckie" seems like a tragic nickname for a grown-ass man) on top of his being a tremendously skilled physician like his father.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think Lily is under the bus for the Lane break up and Cane's next pairing with Abby. Lily will be stuck with nobody Joe that Pratt has clear disdain for having to write for. 

As for Stitch being Chuckie giving Jill something to do?  Guys, I think its clear that neither Sony, CBS, JFP, nor Pratt gives a fig about giving Jill anything to do. She's already got plenty. All they have to do is write her in. They never do. Stitch being related to her wouldnt change that at all. 

• Members

Wait? So you'd want Chuckie to be pudgy?! Not a hot, sexy stud like William Espy Gray or David Hasselhoff were back in the day?! 

Well I was just making a suggestion that it would've made more sense for Stitch to be Chuckie as he'd already be tied to the canvas and there would be no need for a crappy backstory, which the character got. 

And Jess Walton/Jill being tossed aside like yesterday's trash is one of the many primary reasons why Y&R is sh-t now. Jill is one of the two characters that laid the foundation that is Y&R. Not Victor. Not Nikki. Not Jack. They are pillars that hold up the building but everything starts the foundation, who happened to be Kay and still should be Jill. 

Jill could've had tons of stories over the past few years that were missed opportunities. Another big one was the Jill/Hilary rivalry. Mishael Morgan and Jess Walton had stellar chemistry. Had there been a capable writer, they would've made Hilary the modern Jill and molded Jill into being the new Katherine, thus setting up a new longstanding rivalry. Now both characters are floating in the wind and aren't getting anything good. 

• Members

Obligatory post telling us JW has been on vacation we get whenever we mention what a loss her lack of story has brought...........Of course, according to some, she's probably old/tired/blah stories....

Please register in order to view this content

That said before the haters say a word, truer words never spoken.  Jess, a gorgeous woman in her prime, with the best voice, mannerisms on the show has been sorely under utilized and stuck on the no-burner(not even back burner).  Appearing in 25 episodes in 11 months is just a slap in her face.  Jeanne must be spinning to see just how far downhill the show has gone.  I mean Jess is in KL territory.  The stories write themselves for her, if TIIC opened their eyes...

• Members

My point wasn't that Jill being tossed aside was fine or a good thing. Just that Stitch being her nephew wouldn't have changed a thing for the Jill character. They can easily write her in as Billy's mother but she is nowhere to be found. Its absurd when you think about it. 

The Hilary and Jill rivalry was great. But its becoming increasingly obvious to me that if Mishael Morgan/Hilary isn't being used to give more story to KSJ/Neil then she has no place on this show. 

• Members

What can I say?  I am so tired of tuning into a soap (or any series, for that matter) and seeing wall-to-wall himbos who are square-jawed and perfectly coiffed, with pecs mightier than the Grand Tetons.  Not that Grey and Hasselhoff were himbos.  (Not Grey, anyway.  At least, I don't think he was.)  Chances are, though, if TPTB went the hot-and-sexy route, that's what we would get.  Just another himbo whose intellect, acting ability and charisma are as thin as the pages of the Abercrombie catalog he was last featured in.

• Members

Hint to a certain lady at Y&R.  When your peers look like supermodels or Playboy centerfolds, it would be wise for you to pay more attention to your appearance.  Granted nothing you do will put you on in the same league as your peers, but you at least make some effort.   Then maybe just maybe, the powers that be will consider you worthy of love interest?. Becasue the relentless bashing of the beauty queens hasn't helped you one bit!

Archived