GH: AMC actress joining show

• Members

I liked Budig as michelle on GL! I really wish Budig would have stayed past her contract when michelle and drew killed danny's cousin because I would have loved to seen her chemistry with PAS and seen how they're "manny" would have been as I strongly believe she would have put Lenz's "manny" to shame!! I would give anything to see Budig and Stewart together!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She always fell flat in those Lucy/Ethel plots Kendell and Greenlee stared in, in my opinion -- which is why I feel she didn't work well with comedic material. She could never elevate the absurd premise schemes to hilarity, and they were often crack worthy or cringe inducing in a WTF, am I watching kind of way. She was good at dead pan, snark and sarcasm not unlike that of MTV's Daria, but she was never funny in my opinion. Minshew came off better in those hi-jinks schemes than Budig did, and I wouldn't consider Minshew to be a great comedic actress either (not like say Terri Ivens). If you need high stakes drama Budig was the girl you called in to up the stakes -- which is the kind of pivotal player you need in a dramatic soap, but she wasn't very versatile.

• Members

say what you want about Rachel Miner as the best michelle, but she was your typical child actress not ever going to turn into your daytime heroine! she had the same quality like Kirsten alderson, cute child actress but never the type execs would allow to be theyre sexy younger leading lady!! Erin Torpey almost made it but the only one I can think of being allowed to grow up onscreen is Kimberly McCullough and even she never played "sexy"

• Members

budig never left early just once her contract was up she left!! she never said one bad thing about GL but she couldn't wait to leave cause they were not really writing for michelle. Dinah, annie and cassie was where GL was at the time! she spoke once about GL after joining AMC about how much racier the love scenes were then before on GL!

• Members

Not at all. Miner's shown in her performances as an adult that she had the grit and strength and vulnerability to play an adult Michelle. She also played sexy material on Supernatural and did it well. Could she have done that as she aged on GL? No. But she shouldn't have had to have done so anyway. Even Lenz rarely had all that much "sexy" material. Michelle wasn't that type of character.

Alderson was never a good actress. Not even as a child. Compare the material Alderson had to the material Miner had. Night and day.

I also think needing a young heroine to be a "sexy leading lady" is overrated. That's the reason OLTL cast Bree Williamson, who stunk up the joint for nearly a decade and was often about as sexy as Nigel.

Archived