B&B - July 2014 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me Ridge's return has been so pointless. They should've never done this. Bell needed a way to sell Brooke and Bill I get that.

But right now they could have basically told the same story only with Deacon instead of Ridge. Brooke would still be jealous of Katie no matter what. And we all know Katie likes the macho boys.

• Members
Sean Kanan was on contract at GH though so he wasn't even an option for that story. I thought Ridge's return served its purpose and Im fine with him leaving now. I don't see much potential with he and Katie especially after the shock effect has worn off

• Members

I think Ridge's return has been okay, it has lost momentum right now but I'm sure it will pick up in the future. I noticed how they integrated TK's humor (which is apparent in his interviews) into Ridge's character. Ridge was never known for his jokes before.

What I'm seriously worried about is Rick, I know I'm the only one feeling this but I feel like JY has lost his mojo or something, he doesn't seem all that involved to me, he looks distant, bored and unchallenged but maybe it's just the character, or maybe it's just me.

• Members

That's true, I forgot about that.

It's just that now Deacon has returned Ridge's return feels so unnecessary. I loved Katie post-Bill but with Ridge she's not interesting. Brooke has Bill and now Deacon as men who will go after her. And Ridge is not at all needed at FC, they can use Rick for that, give him a proper storyline.

On top of that I think Ronn Moss was such a recognisable face in the world (people who never watched B&B knew who he was, at least here in The Netherlands) that Ridge should never be recast.

I'm afraid that Rick (and Caroline) are next on the chopping block. The writing's on the wall for them.

• Members

I have been thinking JY has looked bored for a while. I have only been watching the show for a short time, so I don't know how much or little action he has gotten. But so far it's a far cry from playing JR on AMC where he was front and center so much of the time with intense material.

• Members

I've been quite entertained myself, might even start watching regularly.

The problem with Bradley Bell is that anyone aside Brooke or Hope isn't that important, so they all have an expiration date stamped on their forehead.

And he's too invested in Hope Logan to be able to see the potential of a Quinn/Liam affair.

Archived