Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Y&R Who would be a good Adam recast?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

Stopped watching Y&R for the 1st time ever.

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I am thinking Chris Engen but there are probably a lot of good actors out there that you guys are familiar with.

I know MM just signed a 2 year contract but it used to be that contracts included many "outs" a soap could use if things weren't going well with the actor/actress in question.  (Does anyone know if this is still true?)

I wish the character (and Victor, by the way) would be killed off, but a recast Adam would be an improvement.

What do you think?

#2 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

I haven't really given it much thought. 

Ordinarily, I'd say it was more about the writing than the actor but from what I've seen I thoroughly dislike the Adam character.  I don't know MM personally but from what I've read, leads me to believe that both the character and the actor have a limited shelf life and could benefit from a change.

Like others have posted, although I don't care for the actor, I believe he's here to stay, at least for the duration of his new contract.  And this latest Twitter feud that his post has ignited doesn't surprise me in the least-- I suspected that in the wake of his recent Emmy nomination, there'd be a risk of him being even more insufferable than usual. 

I guess I can only hope that Lifetime or Hallmark fill up their slate with movies to cast him in or that Tyler Perry comes calling to cast him in one of his series and the end result will be that his suddenly very busy schedule will force him to take his talents elsewhere and off Y&R.

#3 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Given the actor signed a NEW LONG TERM contract, why is this thread necessary?

Edited by John, 05 May 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#4 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't think a recast would make a difference....The character would remain just as smugged as the writers would make him.

#5 Winchester91

Winchester91

#TeamMissyReeves

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Muhney is the best, and I love his brutal honesty & outspoken-ness on Twitter. In fact, he should have been a Nick re-cast...with Engen sticking around for Adam. 

#6 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think that a recast would make a huge difference. In the hands of a capable actor, the role Adam could be far more interesting than the mediocre Muhney can ever manage. Scott Holroyd, who should have never been fired from ATWT for the mediocre Roger Howarth, would be the prefect recast. He is a good actor who can bring subtly and vulnerability to the poorly written Adam.

Edited by Ann_SS, 05 May 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#7 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I haven't really given it much thought. 

Ordinarily, I'd say it was more about the writing than the actor but from what I've seen I thoroughly dislike the Adam character.  I don't know MM personally but from what I've read, leads me to believe that both the character and the actor have a limited shelf life and could benefit from a change.

Like others have posted, although I don't care for the actor, I believe he's here to stay, at least for the duration of his new contract.  And this latest Twitter feud that his post has ignited doesn't surprise me in the least-- I suspected that in the wake of his recent Emmy nomination, there'd be a risk of him being even more insufferable than usual. 

I guess I can only hope that Lifetime or Hallmark fill up their slate with movies to cast him in or that Tyler Perry comes calling to cast him in one of his series and the end result will be that his suddenly very busy schedule will force him to take his talents elsewhere and off Y&R.

That's why I asked the question about contracts. Soap industry people used to say "contracts mean nothing."

I addressed that in my original post.

I don't think a recast would make a difference....The character would remain just as smugged as the writers would make him.

Thanks for the reply.

Muhney is the best, and I love his brutal honesty & outspoken-ness on Twitter. In fact, he should have been a Nick re-cast...with Engen sticking around for Adam. 

I couldn't disagree more. Thanks for the reply.

#8 Helena

Helena

Recurring

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Only reason I can think of is that MM said some not so nice things to Eric Braeden on twitter a day or two ago (he's since deleted those tweets), so maybe people are thinking  he'll be on his way out because of that.  

#9 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

• Members
  • 528 posts

I think that a recast would make a huge difference. In the hands of a capable actor, the role Adam could be far more interesting than the mediocre Muhney can ever manage. Scott Holroyd, who should have never been fired from ATWT for the mediocre Roger Howarth, would be the prefect recast. He is a good actor who can bring subtly and vulnerability to the poorly written Adam.

I agree with you.  I am not familiar with Holroyd.

Edited by bluejeanbaby3, 05 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#10 Helena

Helena

Recurring

• Members
  • 397 posts

Only reason I can think of is that MM said some not so nice things to Eric Braeden on twitter a day or two ago (he's since deleted those tweets), so maybe people are thinking  he'll be on his way out because of that.  

#11 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

• Members
  • 528 posts

-

Edited by bluejeanbaby3, 05 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#12 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I post whatever I am thinking about at the time. Muhney has been a jerk on twitter from day one.

#13 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Considering that Muhney just signed a new contract and is always saying rubbish so it is safe to say that no one thinks that he is on his way out. More likely people are just posting their opinions because this is a message board where that kind of thing happens.

Edited by Ann_SS, 05 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#14 Aback

Aback

Contract

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Anyone! Please recast him as soon as possible. Adam has been unwatchable ever since he took over, and I'm not talking about the storylines.

#15 Helena

Helena

Recurring

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I post whatever I am thinking about at the time. Muhney has been a jerk on twitter from day one.

My comment was more about what I was thinking than about what you may or may not have been thinking - no offense meant.  I was wondering why it seemed no one's made mention of MM's tweets & then saw this thread and since my head was in that space I thought it was connected or inspired by MM's most recent stupidity - as in, that tweet should get him fired...so it would follow that the character would need to be recast.  All my train of thought, though.  

#16 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

chris_engen.jpg

#17 Ponds

Ponds

Recurring

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

I enjoy Adam as he is presently casted. I do think there should be a "twitter ban" in their contracts because they all seem pretty childish to me.

#18 John

John

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Its so funny to me that people say MM is a jerk like they no first hand. I bet no one here has even met him long enough to get an impression either way. But go ahead Spread RUMORS just cause you hate an actor you never met before. SMH.

#19 MontyB

MontyB

Telling it to you straight up and live!

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Its so funny to me that people say MM is a jerk like they no first hand. I bet no one here has even met him long enough to get an impression either way. But go ahead Spread RUMORS just cause you hate an actor you never met before. SMH.

This is why you have to ignore stuff like that. It's one thing to critique their acting,  cutting them up on a personal level is ridiculous.

Edited by MontyB, 05 May 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#20 bluejeanbaby3

bluejeanbaby3

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I typed "Muhney has been a jerk on twitter from day one."

He could be pretending to be a jerk - on twitter?  :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users