Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

I have mixed feelings about Stefan and Bobbie. On one hand, I thought that she definitely deserved a new beginning after the Slagbeast broke up her marriage to Tony. On the other hand, I found him so boring that I wished that she wasn't stuck with him in a dreary atmosphere.

As for Katherine, I loved her manipulating her way into the Qs/Ned & Lois and thought that her rivalry with Lucy Coe was the best thing about her stint on GH. Like many, I didn't care for her with Stefan, though it was because I thought that he was dull (as was Nikolas and whatever illicit affair they had).

I'm curious to know if MBE did well on ATWT as well, since I've never seen her on it. I've seen her do good girl ingenue and conniving bitch, so I'd like to know what kind of character she played on that soap.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't watch often enough at that point to tell you, but she basically played a strong woman trying to protect herself and her children from the scumbucket ex she still had some feelings for. She mostly had a supporting role.

• Members

I didn't care for Stefan but I'd rather SN go back to playing him more for a revival of the Cassadines. The character is one of the key figures if the modern incarnation of the family and they are lacking without him as their lead male

IA

• Members

I thought SN was great as Stefan and I very much liked MBE as Katherine, too. I liked Patch and Kayla, but they were wasted on their last DAYS stint together (and MBE is still being wasted), so I wouldn't expect much from a Patch return. I'd love to see Stefan back on GH.

• Members

Unpopular DAYS opinions:

I don't get the fuss over James Scott. I don't think he's a good actor, and I don't think he's a charismatic personality. (Legions of fans disagree with me.)

I think Shawn Christian and Galen Gering are better than they get credit for on this board. Christian's a decent actor and Gering has a certain natural charm. It's just that the writing does them no favors. Still, I wouldn't miss either of them if they were written off.

I think Eileen Davidson has been electrifying these past few weeks -- but for the most part, it's been in spite of the writing, not because of it. The Kristen-Marlena-John story is the best on the show, by far, but it's still not nearly as good as it could and should be.

I'm not really bothered by the cheapness or the small number of DAYS sets -- it's just not that important to me.

I think Ken Corday cares deeply about the show and its legacy. I just think he's incapable of translating that into a clear vision. He's also bad at evaluating the worth and marketability of other people's ideas, so he constantly chooses the wrong writers and producers.

• Members

I really dont think Kristen can stand alone without them. Everyone in town hates her (except Brady) and without her family, she'd be extremely isolated. I think her family help flesh her out and offer a different insight to her character. Her interaction with EJ in particular has been gold

• Members

I can barely make it through Days so I have been only watching Kristen clips and have missed these scenes with EJ lol if I did want him to stay they need to pick a clear direction for him. He's gone from good, evil, good, evil, gray, evil, good, gray so many times my head hurts.

I still think watered down Stefano is useless, I don't give a f-ck about Victor anymore either.

• Members

Thought AMC was *awful* for well over a decade before it was cancelled, and I'm wondering why they're even bothering to bring it back. I'd rather see ATWT resurrected.

I wanted Stuart to stay dead. Never enjoyed the character even when AMC was decent and hated the obnoxious and cloying Stuart/Marian pairing.

I think Tracey E. Bregman has been supremely overrated for many years and that Lauren has overstayed her welcome on Y&R.

If they don't make Jill back into a supreme diva bitch with a great female adversary, they can kick Jess Walton to the curb. Never enjoyed any of those forced love affairs (Ji Min, Sean, and especially not Larry Warton).

I know Cyrus was hated on GL, but Murray Bartlett was delish and I'd love to see him back on American TV in some capacity.

• Members

Stefano should have remained dead on Days this last time. I dont understand the purpose of resurrecting him if he wasnt going to be back. These sporadic appearances just arent cutting it and outside of ushering Kristen back on the canvas, I dont think him being alive really affects anything. He wasnt even needed for that as Kristen could have come on her own, wanting to connect with her family and take her place as Dimera matriarch

I love Sam on GH and think RC has done good wtih her, giving her a personality outside of merely being Jason's sounding board. I miss seeing her onscreen and hope to see her off the backburner soon. She doesnt need to be lead in a new frontburner storyline, but being on at least 2 times a week would be nice as she only had 4 episodes for December. Id love to see her interacting with Todd again. She should have been involved in this Johnny/Connie/Todd story investigating what their secret was and she should have been presented at the hospital for the big reveal.

Archived