DAYS: NABET crew members (audio/lighting/video depts.) have been laid off

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the really sad part: daytime soaps are so fucked, even if Ken Corday and SONY tried to sell DAYS to another network right now, they couldn't. The ratings are too low to justify that kind of acquisition, and the business has moved on.

• Members

But it's Ken Corday's fault it's even come to this, you know? If DAYS had shown any improvement at all from the end of the reboot until now, I think, the network might have been willing to work something out. Instead, it sounds like NBC has found a perfect opportunity to dump the show altogether.

• Members

About, yeah. They also shoot, like, seven episodes per week, maybe more -- all in the name of saving money. That's always frustrated DAYS fans, too, because whenever something needed to be reworked in the storyline, it'd take months to see any change on-air.

• Members

I honestly forgot the reboot even happened. I can't recall another case where something that needed to work so badly, failed so hard. Except maybe the AMC move but at least that gave us great park scenes.

Does DAYS still do those in-show product placement ads? I must've watched that Wanchai Ferry pitch a million times.

• Members

When LOVE OF LIFE and THE SECRET STORM were cancelled, fans were left hanging there, too. The difference, though, is that the sponsor, American Home Products, tried everything they could to keep the shows going after CBS' official cancellation notices. I'm afraid DAYS won't even get that chance. They'll just...stop.

• Members

It didn't have to be that way, though. I'm not saying The Great Peapack Experiment would have spared GUIDING LIGHT. For me, at least, the show itself was too far gone. However, who in their right mind would hand to a first-time EP who hasn't worked behind-the-scenes for very long the task of revamping an entire production model that has been in place, more or less, for over five decades? And give her a fleet of new, fresh-out-of-film-school, relatively untested flunkies with MacBooks to put it all together? With absolutely no budget for...anything? When your boss is taking the same "Intro to On-Line Video Editing" workshop as you, you know it's not gonna end well.

Archived