Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Best "back from the dead" storyline(s)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,423 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

This can be from any soaps, was there any that you thought were well done(written, acted, the whole nine yards)

While it had it's flaws, and wasn't always great I thought Anna's return was very well done on AMC.

#2 Ms. Chandler Quartermaine

Ms. Chandler Quartermaine

Contract

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Katherine Bell, I was simply shocked when she walked in the Court Room during Stefan's trial.

#3 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

I thought Anna's on AMC was awful. Wrong soap and she came back "wrong". She did not feel like Anna at all and they started writng her to the extreme to differentiate between she and Alex bc FH doesnt have the range to pull off a dual role

Best:

Days - Hope. Now that was a GOOD story. The whole Gina mysery and how it had implications on Bo and Billie was classic soap.

#4 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Edward Quartermaine on GH

#5 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,423 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah Finola said she hated playing twins and had to ask David Canary how he did it or something like that LOL.

I do love that they hit it out of the park with her and Robin's reunion. GH apparantly wasn't interested

#6 quartermainefan

quartermainefan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

I really liked Frisco coming back from the dead on GH just in time to watch Felicia marry Colton. Laura back from the dead in the early 80s was good, and despite what every other person ever born thinks I liked Stavros coming back from the dead in 2001.

#7 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

I Loved the scenes when Abe returned from the dead and Lexie was leaping for Joy! I like Lexie's return as well.

Doug Williams return was good as well especially with Julie just rambling on and on talking to him and finally realizing he was there.

Worst
The real Tony DiMera, he just returned and picked up his life as if it was nothing 20+ years later.

#8 cityfan01

cityfan01

Recurring

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Brenda's 2002 return on GH

#9 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Brenda's 2002 return on GH

story was decent but ruined Brenda for me

Edited by Cheap21, 10 October 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#10 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

story was decent but ruined Brenda for me

+1.

#11 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I Loved the scenes when Abe returned from the dead and Lexie was leaping for Joy! I like Lexie's return as well.

Doug Williams return was good as well especially with Julie just rambling on and on talking to him and finally realizing he was there.

Worst
The real Tony DiMera, he just returned and picked up his life as if it was nothing 20+ years later.

Abe's return and Lexie's reaction were good. One of very few "payoffs" of that awful story.

And yes, that Real Tony DiMera was ridiculous. Stuck on an island for 20 years and then he resumes business as usual, suit 'n tie, like he's not phased at all? They put no effort into the character.

#12 BingCherry

BingCherry

Popped for Your Pleasure

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Both of Taylor's returns from the dead on B&B were well done (well, for B&B at least). The 2005 one was probably the best of the two, in terms of shock value. The fact that we didn't even find out until the SOW cover came out is still mindblowing to me.

#13 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,927 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Both of Taylor's returns from the dead on B&B were well done (well, for B&B at least). The 2005 one was probably the best of the two, in terms of shock value. The fact that we didn't even find out until the SOW cover came out is still mindblowing to me.

Brooke seeing her for the first time was certainly chilling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAaKs3OBew

Edited by Cheap21, 10 October 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#14 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,423 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

I lobster hated Brenda's 2002 return, especially since Skye was thrown under the bus for her(and it kept backing over her and over her, I bet she still has the tire marks from it) and Jax was written an utter d-bag for that wench

#15 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Abe's return and Lexie's reaction were good. One of very few "payoffs" of that awful story.

And yes, that Real Tony DiMera was ridiculous. Stuck on an island for 20 years and then he resumes business as usual, suit 'n tie, like he's not phased at all? They put no effort into the character.

Also he knew John as if he knew him, if I remember correctly. I think knew Lexie his sister too.

S/N: So many of the ones who "died" or left town while Drake was Roman, comes back to town and knows him as John Black without questions.

#16 applcin

applcin

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Best
On OLTL, I liked Clint's return from the dead, aka Old West 1888 (although the viewers knew he was alive). First, there was Viki walking in on his marriage to her lookalike great-great granny Ginny. Then when they got back home, they had all the reunions with the family, and Sarah Gordon, who came to help Clint when he was blind so he had never seen her before. Later on Tina tells him CJ was named after him. It was just a nice homecoming.

I liked Anna Devane's return only for 1) the fact that it happened at all and 2) the scenes with Robin. Otherwise, wrong soap, wrong storyline, etc.

Worst
OLTL - Victor Lord and Mitch Lawrence. No words needed except to say Mitch was always the character I loathed most on the show, to the point of turning it off.
Days' Steve - After all those years and it being the only thing to make me tune into DOOL after all those years, the story was a disaster. The villains of the piece were changed, Steve had no memory of his life, which dragged on a little too long. Then Benji gets killed, then a wacko ex-girlfriend shows up. Bleh.

Edited by applcin, 10 October 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#17 DramatistDreamer

DramatistDreamer

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

When James Stenbeck came back from the dead for the first time (also known as the 'Hello Barbara' scene). It was very dark and macabre-- when he pulled off that hood and revealed himself, the reaction from Barbara was priceless. I can remember coming home from school and catching the last 15-20 minutes of the show and being flabbergasted by this. I had no spoilers or hints to tip me off as to what would happen and I was so absorbed in the big reveal I couldn't contain my shock at how the whole episode played out. That juxtaposed with Margo's fall (right into James' arms) and miscarriage, it was a very jolting couple of episodes. Of course, I was setting my VCR back then so I had to go back and watch from the beginning.

As The World Turns unfortunately did everything they could in subsequent years to undermine this storyline by having James come back from the dead over and over and over. Towards the end, when they still had him coming back from the dead in the 90s and 00s, it had become a ridiculous joke.

But the first time, the way those scenes played out-- the staging was sublime.

#18 Melroser

Melroser

Recurring

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I never watched GL regularly as a kid except when next door at my grandparents but I remember wanting to run over there after school for this!

Kimberly on Melrose Place is another great one. Seeing her standing on the beach!

And although not as dramatic I absolutely loved this reunion as a HUGE Vicky/Jake fan.

#19 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 13,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Victoria Grayson on Revenge

#20 SFK

SFK

Just your average hot damn bam bam baby sex scorcher icon.

• Members
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

These will win no awards, but I loved Goldie's on AMC and Cabot's on LOV was charming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users