Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Members

Spence must have been in the world's shortest rehab. I don't like Rosie, but maybe she deserves to get saddled with Spence and his alcoholism and his tendency to blow through money. We've watched Rose for two seasons, and NOW she starts talking about the first husband? That kind of came out of the blue. Having her pine over him and compare him to Spence over the course of both seasons would have been more compelling.

I'm not a fan of Genevieve's kidney storyline. There was that great bit of realism where Genevieve talked to her mother about her feelings, but I haven't seen any real emotion from Genevieve over the whole kidney story. I'm not sure where Susan Lucci is playing it so emotionless and so caricature-like, but I don't like it.

Carmen is so much more likable this season than she was last. I was hoping to see her achieve some success with Alejandro this season, and I was disappointed they killed him off.

I wanted to like Nick Deering, and when he's angry, he's actually kind of hot, but the whole confession to Adrian and Evelyn and the flashbacks came off as so soapy and cheesy. I'm pretty disappointed. The whole revelation + Adrian and Evelyn deciding to forgive each other for everything definitely felt like it was missing a lot.

Overall, I am not as happy with this season as I was with the first, but if Lifetime renews the show, I'll keep watching.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt the same way ellabelle. It all felt very rushed. Kinda like a reality show that originally airs a 90 minute finale, but in reruns it's scaled down to 60 so it's a bit choppy and some pieces are missing.

On one hand, it'd be nice if their seasons were more than 13 episodes, but on the other hand, we've seen what happens when a Marc Cherry mystery is dragged out for too long (I.E. Season 2 and 8 of Desperate Housewives). Overall, this season didn't flow as well as the last; it reminded me of one of DH's weaker seasons. His sharp writing skills and ability to make everything gel together seems to ebb and flow. My mind is sketchy about DH but I seem to remember suddenly LOVING it again in the 4th season. So,hopefully we'll get another year of Devious Maids so he can make magic again.

Grant Show has done a good job at turning Mister Spence to be unlikeable.

And yeah, my dad certainly wasn't in such high spirits when he was on dialysis.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived