The Nicki Minaj Thread

Mr. Vixen

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Both of them need to calm down. It's the VMA's, not a Nobel Prize. YOU ARE BOTH GOING TO BE OKAY.

qqaakx.jpg

That said, Taylor's tweet about having Nicki come up on stage if she wins Video of the Year did wind up sounding a bit condescending, even if she didn't mean for it to be.

And Nicki absolutely has a point.

• Members

Hmmm...

Someone who thrives off of shitting on Black women for shits and giggles yet'll be quick to hide the hands that she throws the rocks at a white girl with

vs.

Someone who's been riding high off of her white privilege since a dusty squirrel went and made her cry on an awards show that hasn't been relevant since Arsenio hosted it

Needless to say, I'm on Team I-Hope-Both-of-Their-Careers-Implode

• Members

Especially a VMA.... like I lived for this and the Movie awards as a kid because it was actually fun and the internet isn't what it is today. SO you could really enjoy watching it and the people nominated really had fricking talent and nowadays I look at nominees, performances, winners etc and just smh.

• Members

The VMAs actually used to be about quality videos and not star power. I was shocked at how little awards Michael Jackson won there. With the advent of social media this award show in particular has become about pleasing Twitter stans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been lurking on this thread because I have become kind of obsessed with Nicki Minaj and listening to Pinkprint a LOT lately. It's interesting to hear the different opinions from everybody and it is helping me to not jump on the OMG SHE'S AMAZING bandwagon right away on the basis of a few songs. But I do enjoy her stuff, and want to listen to more of her older material now to get a better idea of her evolution.

I still think The Night is Young is a great pop jam and Feeling Myself, Bed of Lies and Anaconda are such ear worms, I literally cannot get them out of my brain.

Anyhoo, hope to read y'all some more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived