DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Yes, all of those extras above played multiple roles on the show through the years. Days had a steady group of background actors who would play all the small U/5 roles, and sometimes be used for bigger roles, such as Sid Conrad and, as you mentioned, Dick Gittings. Carol Conn I think was married to someone associated with the show, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of vintage treasures, MeTV is now airing reruns of Celebrity Bowling!!!! Most of you know that this was Jed Allan's side gig while playing Don Craig on DAYS (in fact, Bill and Susan Hayes appeared on the show).

Here's the site, where episodes have been uploaded:

http://metvnetwork.com/videos/celebrity-bowling

Here's the episode featuring "Doug" and "Julie". Opposing them is Vince "Ben Casey" Edwards and Whitman "Grady Wilson" Mayo!!!

http://metvnetwork.com/videos/celebrity-bowling/celebrity-bowling-episode-134

• Members

What a wonderful article!! Thank you for posting it - and I will pass along your congrats to my folks. Thanks for your well wishes.

Ironically, Mr. and Mrs. Hayes were doing a meet and greet in my town about 4 or so years ago. I really wanted to go, but at the time I was in an immobilizer and on crutches due to dislocating my left knee in a car crash. I wasn't able to drive again yet, and there was no one available to drive me to the event. Oh, well. Maybe they will visit again in the not so distant future. You never know.

Does anyone have the current SOD with their 40th anniversary interview? I'd love to read that, too.

I hope DAYS will commemorate the occasion. Yes, I know that Doug and Julie didn't actually tie the knot until 1976, but it would be lovely if they would still do a special episode for Mr. and Mrs. Williams AND their portrayers.

• Members
Here's actress Sandy Roberts presenting Macdonald Carey (Tom) with a telegram from Screen Gems celebrating the 1,000th episode of "Days", which taped on October 14, 1969 and aired on October 29, 1969.
10682348_478777518931194_889589037796237
Here's the script cover from the 1,000th episode of "Days", which taped on October 14, 1969 and aired on October 29, 1969.
10439375_478777252264554_443883658425709
Here's the master telecast report from the 1,000th episode of "Days", which taped on October 14, 1969 and aired on October 29, 1969.
10606620_478777092264570_908371655198480