Eden Riegel Joins Y&R

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the only reason they cared about Mac was to prop Billy. When that, like his other pairings, tanked, they had nowhere to go for her. She is in this filler storyline now. She has no real ties to the Chancellors aside from blood and no real purpose, so they can do whatever they want with her.

If they do hire Eden then I can see them getting hot over "Bianca" and "Maggie" fighting over Billy. If this weren't such a heavily censored show, Y&R would probably have Billy talk them into a threeway.

• Members

Y&R doesn't need a recast with a popular actress, they need to WRITE PEOPLE OFF THIS DAMN SHOW. This crap and flop writing team have no idea how to balance such a huge cast.

And yeah, they cannot write for women on Y&R anymore. They're all either victims, ignored, or have no personality at all anymore. Everything is surface and one-note on this show, I dread to see how they write for a "soap bitch."

• Members

I think if its her then this is more about that show she had a few years ago being called Imaginary Bitches. If it's Eden they may make her the victim of all victims, unless they want to cast against type. Unfortunately even this show's attempt at "bitchy" women are often extremely needy and weak.

If they write people off then it will be characters like Jill, Paul, Nikki, who are being slowly phased out anyway. Then Devon and Neil and Malsandwich. The refuse will never leave.

• Members

If Eden is a Mac recast or whatever, then poor girl.

From day one, this writing team has had no idea what to do with that character, nor have they understood her. I bet they want to reinvent that character's personality, like they've done with Billy, and like they recently did with that FLOP character Tucker.

I don't understand why Y&R had to get stuck with such a horrible writing and producing team. If it were just one hack, you'd know who to squarely blame. But a show with Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, Paul Rauch, and with Michael Muhney and Tom Casiello being their mouthpieces on Twitter? That's a true recipe for disaster.

• Members

If Eden is the new hire, it's a somewhat smart, if very obvious, move. AMC is Y&R's timeslot competitor in several markets. This is tit-for-tat hiring, and you only have to look at the hirings of Amelia Heinle, Vincent Irizarry and Billy Miller to see that this has been in place for 5 years already.

I like both Eden and Liz H. but I hope Eden pitches her voice an octave lower than when she was on AMC. The thought of these two Valley-squeaking at each other at 200 mph is making my ear-drums twinge.

• Members

It's smart to get press attention, but otherwise, I don't know. I think of how they have wasted Stephen Nichols -- making him look doddery and weird and having him weep with Katherine, who cares? -- and how they gave Irizarry what was by far the worst soap role of his career, one he had to all but disclaim to his fans by the end because the writing was so bad. I know the soap press adores Billy Miller and he has a lot of fans but I don't think Billy's return has done much either. The ratings have been stagnant, at best, over the past year, even with some of these hyped names.

These ABC stunt hires go nowhere if the writing is not in place. ATWT never learned this. B&B hasn't. Apparently Y&R hasn't either.

The writing for the show is actor-proof. It is dehumanizing, schizo, repetitive, and empty, and they keep on screeching about the pretty new face to try to make sure the press does not smell the stench.

Sorry, I meant Eden both times.

Archived