dm.

Sunset Beach Discussion Thread

239 posts in this topic

I just watched the pilot and this show looks interesting. You can definitely see the Spelling touch in the casting and production feel of this show. I don't think I've ever seen anything other than the opening credits for this show, but since it's all on YouTube I may continue watching. I have so many other shows on my plate, but this looks fun and really isn't a ton of episodes to watch.

I'm glad they made the switch from film to tape. SUN was a show that just didn't work with the film look. Thankfully, they figured that out pretty quick and went to tape in fairly short order.

Only 8 episodes in, but:

Olivia, Gregory and Annie are utterly fabulous. Bette is not far behind.

I can see why Meg would be cast as the lead romantic heroine.

I love Casey and Rae. They're so sweet.

Adrienne Frantz is Adrienne Frantz. ph34r.png

LOVE the setup of Mark, Meg, Casey (that body!!!), Michael and Rae living in the same house.

Randy Spelling is Greg and Olivia's son? Hot damn NO.

The theme song makes a stripper out of me. I gyrate on my chair just listening to it. FANTASTIC.

They're missing the strong family/business aspect, though.

The show is so silly & soapily cliche & even bad at times but it has something about it.

Edited by YRBB

Rewatching the catfight. It reminds me so much of how I loved Annie and her 'enemies.' Her scenes with Olivia were particularly good after Annie had married Gregory.

I watched SUN on and off during its brief run on NBC, but they sure did create some memorable characters...especially in the villainy department (Annie, Virginia, Derek, etc.).

Sunset Beach fans, Sarah Buxton (Annie) was on ABC's Shark Tank tonight! 

Why?

Edit: just watched her part - she was trying to sell a full body swim wear. Apparently she was diagnosed with melanoma. She was a bit all over the place.

Edited by te.

A few promos I clipped out of commercial reels. I checked to see if they were already around - sorry if they were.

Oh wow, it's been 20 years. I wonder what Sunset Beach would have looked like by now if it had survived (in an alternate universe where soap operas aren't a dying genre).