Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Based on watching the shows all year and the synopsis of the shows I didn't see, it's gonna be either B&B(based on quality) or OLTL.

I wouldn't be upset if GL walked away with prize in hand because they single-handedly deserved the award last year, but they screwed up on their submissions. They had lots to choose from and they instead chose Dinah and Mallet's foiled wedding as an Emmy Submission?! It wasn't that good, or suspenseful really. I was quite bored. They should have picked something with Josh and Reva(like their reunion at the lighthouse), or even the foiled Coop/Lizzie wedding, which had more suspense and was way more entertaining than Dinah/Mallet's. JMO.

Y&R's submissions were a JOKE! Period. That should be proof alone LML doesn't know what the hell she's doing at Y&R.

Does anyone know how comedy is treated at the Emmys in the writing category?! I really want GL to win simply for the "Me, Myself, and Him" episode, which was charming, funny, and downright relatable.

• Members

I watch enough to kind of know what is going on but I would not consider myself a regular viewer. I would consider myself a typical person on a panel--extensive soap knowledge and an idea of what storylines are happening on each show, and a knowledge of the actors.

B&B totally blew my expectations. I had a kind of idea of the storyline that was going on, but I was able to follow the storyline, connect with the characters and the storyline, and it kept my attention.

I would consider myself in the same catergory for GL--I knew what had been happening, but it was too hard to follow. I kept having questions that weren't answered, and the final moment was big drama that Gina T played well, but for someone who kind of follows, I didn't know the whole history and it was a total let down.

OLTL was good, but I thought they had it backwards---John's funeral should have been for writing and Todd's excution should have been best show. If that was the case, I would have given it to OLTL, but I think it's B&B all the way.

And Y&R is just a joke--as much as GH annoys the crap out of me, they should have been in there, not Y&R.

• Members

OMFG! A TIE!!!! GL was robbed of being the lone winner! If any soap should've tied GL, it should've been B&B!

How the [!@#$%^&*] did Y&R win with those tapes?!?!? I guess Latham is here to stay. :( :( :(

Anyway, I'm proud of GL, despite hating their head writer, it was great to see GL get the appreciation it was robbed of many years ago. I was misty eyed when its name was announced for Outstanding Drama Series. Thank god OLTL didn't win!

• Members

It's been 25 years since GL last won the award for best soap. As happy as I am that it finally won, it really, really, should have been a stand-alone win for best soap. In my eyes, GL won the Best Daytime Drama Award for 2007 - bar none.

• Members

After two decades of material and many years that were truly worthy of praise, GL wins for *this?*

David Kreizman couldn't right a [!@#$%^&*] obituary yet I had to hear him prattle on and on about how wonderful the show is and how they are fulfilling the legacy of Irna Phillips. Please. Kreizman, you better feel lucky that Irna's dead. She would be hounding you day and night for the way you have massacred her show. That office phone would never. stop. ringing. She would be on you like Paris Hilton on a wine cooler.

Thank you academy for praising the worst headwriter and executive producer this show has ever had. I'm officially divorcing daytime television. Asshats couldn't tell the difference between caviar and a can of tuna fish.

:PHEW:

Had to go Kane for a second there. Nothing to see here folks.

• Members

I'm sorry to all GL fans and no disrespect but I think that IF they really wanted a tie then it should have been Y&R and OLTL. I feel like GL only won because it was their 70th year. And yes the Carmen murder was not that great but there were plenty of other great scenes and storylines that went out during the last year that make Y&R the clear winner over GL.

As OLTL they deserved to win based on Todd's execution alone. Then you add in Tess/Jess and all the other awesome stuff that went on in Llanview this year I just don't get how any reasonable voter on that panel could NOT choose OLTL.

Basically this tie is a joke. And it may have just ruined the Emmy's forever.

Archived