DAYS: The Best Billie Holliday Reed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Krista Allen is the only Billie for me.

Krista is one of only 3 actresses on the show who I became/am obsessed with in a weird way... the other two being Eileen Davidson and Arianne Zuker. Those 3 are just so special in some way.

I loved how Krista made Billie her own, she wasn't being anyone else. I loved the [!@#$%^&*]iness coming out, I loved everything with the Bayou/Georgia etc,and I especially loved her final year where Billie didn't even really see Bo, and never pined for him. Krista's Billie was on the the backburner in the final year, but she still started a very interested and strong connection friendship with Eric. Krista and Jensen had so much chemistry and would have been the HOTTEST soap couple that never was. Plus she was with Roman, and even though he was so old it was kind of cute... their relationship, plus the way that she helped Sami to get info about Franco and Roberto I loved.

Krista made Billie enjoyable to watch.

Lisa Rinna just pouted everything, and Julie Pinson is boring. I really wish Krista would have came back in 2004 instead.

• Members

Oh this is a great topic!!!! Billie Reed and Carrie Brady are my favorite Days characters EVER! Billie is so awesome. All 3 actresses have shaped Billie into an extraordinary woman which is why I don't understand why she keeps getting mediocre storylines. Even now people are raving about Hogan but his storyline for Billie (ie. sleeping with her daughter's potential boyfriend) is just blah. I don't think Hogan understands the complexities of Billie. All he seems to care about are the supercouples.

But I digress ... anyway no matter who plays Billie, she rocks because we've had 3 talented actresses play her. Krista Allen was definitely my favorite though.

And as for my favorite Days couple - Bo and Billie HANDS DOWN!!

• Members

Krista Allen, hands down was my favorite Billie. Not too sweet, not too sour, just perfect. Rinna and Pinson seem like tougher chicks to me, Allen can be tough too, but I liked her.

On a related note, even though Lauren Koslow has been playing Kate for more than 10 years, Deborah Adair is still the best to me.

• Members

AMEN to the Deborah Adair love but......

:blink::o:unsure:

Are you guys SERIOUS? I don't know who she was playing with that voice and those boobs but it wasn't Billie Holiday Reed. Seriously, both Rinna and Pinson could act CIRCLES around Allen.

The only character that Krista Allen was the best as is Emmanuelle.

• Members

Agreed. Deborah Adair was fantastic. Loved those DAYS. I just saw her on Melrose Place Season One DVD (Whoo hoo!) and loved her all over again.

I'm surprised by this Krista Allen love too. To each his own. But let's face it: the Billie Reed character wouldn't have lasted and been as popular as it was had it not been for Lisa Rinna's original 1992-1995 run. So she may be annoying *today*, but 12-15 years ago she was the sh!t ;) So she wins.

• Members

I liked Adair but Koslow owns the role of Kate now.

Just like Pinson owns Billie now. The writing for her has sucked yet she still managed to keep the character from being totally unlikable. Now, recently with better writing, she has been awesome and I always knew she would be fantastic as Billie. She resembles Lisa Rinna and also has the same traits Rinna brought to the role while also instilling her own traits.

If I had to rank them, I would say Pinson, Rinna's first run, Allen (who had a great dynamic with Koslow and who I loved as a [!@#$%^&*]), and Rinna's second run. Allen was a great actress and played emotional stuff very well but I'm not sure she could play Billie how she is now and she had trouble keeping Billie from losing almost all her rooting value somewhere midway through her run IMO(when she lied about the miscarriage I think it was).

I really have liked them all but Pinson is my fave (although I am biased having loved her on PC).

Archived