SOD: 12/9/08 Issue

• Members

For shock, for complete shock - you won't believe who is on the cover! I'm kidding, it's Eric Braeden again. What's strange is the size of his name is getting bigger on every issue he's on the cover of.

Cover

The Journal Is Proven To Be Victor's! (But He Finds A Most Unlikely Ally)

Plus: The Movie ERIC BRAEDEN Fans CAN'T MISS!

B&B Shocker: A Forrester Dies

News Stories

More Changes at DAYS (Berris is gone in January)

Soap Vet On New DAYS Role ("It's a deliberate thing!" Sandra Robinson on looking a little like Marlena, her character "is very drawn to Marlena.")

B&B's Phoebe Is Killed!

GH: Geary's Contract Status Unknown

OLTL: Everybody Hates Todd, Part Two

Y&R's Billy Turns Th Tables

David Kisses, The Drugs, Krystal on AMC

GL's Shayne Returns

sod-52a.jpg

sod-54a.jpg

sod-50a.jpg

sod-51a.jpg

sod-53a.jpg

12908sod-b.jpg

12208sod-a.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, in a way, Blake's leaving upsets me more than D&D (OK, well, I'm not too upset about D&D just because their heyday was waaayyyyy past as far as I'm concerned) only because he is kicking some serious rear lately. BUT, I can't feel too bad for any actor who gets a chance to leave the sinking ship before it hits bottom. It's probably a blessing in disguise for him AND them. Blake and Ari Zucker are the only reasons I'm watching right now. They're the only ones consistently bringing it for me.

But, I think the word upset is too strong. Disappointed is more like it, I guess. Here they finally have an actor working on all gears, REALLY bringing it, really showing a wide range without being hammy about it (shedding real tears to boot), and here he goes. I half expect Ari to be next.

But yeah, SF, I wish they'd just rip the bandage off in one fell swoop.

• Members

Something I found interesting in the new SOD, is Beth Ehlers (Taylor, AMC) melancholy. She was talking about GA returning to GL and she's like if that had happened a year earlier a lot of decisions would have been different, including hers.

On VM possibly returning to GH:

"She's still very interested in making a reappearance on GH and we still talk frequently. We shall see." (Guza)

A shocking story is on the way for Katie/Nick, so says a B&B insider.

GL denies rumors that BC/Jeffrey is leaving.

• Members

Very typical of DAYS to fire someone who can actually act, and instead keep a bunch of mediocre actors in the cast, supposedly because of their sex appeal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree though that Blake Berris is too good for this train wreck, he's got a bright future ahead of him and surely will be snapped up by another soap - Y&R perhaps?

That's one less reason to watch DAYS in future LOL

As for B&B: Phoebe's death won't have any impact on me, I have no emotional investment in the character, but I'm sure the acting from the cast will be terrific.

Nick/Katie's shocking SL? Presumably once Brooke/Ridge are destroyed, Nick will be sniffing around Brooke again, so Katie will have to do something desperate to hold on to him, like faking a pregnancy? :lol:

• Members

I think Blake B will be just fine. He is talented and can fill a niche. Chelsea, now that she no longer is anorexic, she can go back to her uncle Mac. :P

No seriously, Chelsea would have been the first character I would have written off, followed by EJ. Leave Daniel with Kate because Kate is supposed to be unrealistically fascinating to every hot guy she comes across, send to Nicole to Brady, Sami to Galen Gering, and if we must keep EJ on the show then maybe EJ and Chelsea can be boring together. It's tough on DOOL where 90% of the cast is related. Can't really send her to Philip, Lucas or Max, Brady I guess is technically allowed but he is Victor's grandson too and that is just weird...maybe every girl in town can sleep with Galen Gering?

Archived