Courtney Love Releases Her Memoirs

R!ck

• Members

Courtney Love's Memoirs Revealed

05/31/2006 1:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Ben Gilbert - LAUNCH U.K. & Ireland

Courtney Love will make a series of intimate revelations about the last days of Kurt Cobain's life in her upcoming memoirs, it has been revealed.

A four-page preview of the 288-page book, which is entitled Dirty Blonde: The Diaries Of Courtney Love, has been released.

The diaries, which were researched and edited by Ava Stander, will contain extensive copy about her rock 'n' roll life and loves as well as a host of previously unreleased material.

Alongside never-before-seen photographs of her and late husband Cobain and their daughter Frances Bean, the book covers Courtney's childhood and her relationship with the Nirvana star.

Speaking about his suicide on April 17, 1994, Love recalls one of the couple's last happy days before he died, explaining: "Exactly one month ago today was the last time I made love with my husband. I cooked him dinner. We spent four hours in the playroom with Frances. We saw Schindler's List. It made us frightened for life and we saw the value of life. Our convictions we defined until 4 a.m. and we fell asleep in each other's arms and woke up that way in the morning."

Speaking to MTV about the book, Love's literary agent David Vigliano commented: "Here is a unique visual look into a world that is never captured. It's a one-of-a-kind memoir of an extraordinary life lived by a unique artist."

Apparently Love is planning a book tour across America to support Dirty Blonde when it is released in November

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived