Price Is Right Primetime: Ricki Lake Hosting?

R!ck

• Members

I am watching right now and Ricki Lake is hosting the show It says Gameshow Marathon and looks interesting. Celebs are playing for charities and at home players. Kathy Najimy, Tim Meadows, Lance Bass, and some woman named Paige are playing right now. I also saw Bette White in the audience.

Anyone watching?

WOW An ATWT promo in Primetime

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching and YES I was excited at the ATWT promo.

Except this show is horrible so far. Ricki Lake is a BAD decision - she sucks. If I wanted to watch Price is Right I'd watch the real thing with a REAL audience.

I am however looking forward to the older shows like Card Sharks and Press Your Luck...but with Ricki Lake hosting I know I'll be annoyed.

• Members

Did they ruin "The Price Is Right," or what? Hopefully they'll do better with the other shows.

Here's the schedule:

8PM ET/PT

Wed 5/31: The Price Is Right

Thu 6/1: Let's Make a Deal

Wed 6/7: Beat the Clock

Thu 6/8: Press Your Luck

Thu 6/15: Card Sharks

Thu 6/22: Match Game

Thu 6/29: Family Feud

• Members

It wasn't that good. Ricki Lake is the wrong host for this. My grandfather didn't like it either. He said there was "too much yapping."

They should have gotten Sinbad to host. That would have been a riot.

• Members

:lol:

I agree with your grandfather. LOL!

It was like a bootleg version of "Price Is Right!" Heck, the primetime specials were better than this. I guess they needed all that yapping as filler since they only did like half a show and took the the two highest wheel spinners to the showcase showdown. Bootleg!

LOL! I haven't seen Sinbad in a long time.

• Members

IMO They should have the actual hosts of the show...

Ricki Lake sucks!

The Price Is Right - Bob Barker

Let's Make a Deal - Monty Hall

Beat the Clock - Gary Kroeger (who hosted the 2002 version)

Press Your Luck - Todd Newton (GSN Version)

Card Sharks - Jim Perry or Bob Eubanks

Match Game - Since Gene Rayburn has passed away, Charles Nelson Reilly or Michael Burger would have been great choices

Family Feud - Richard Dawson

• Members

I like the idea, but I think the celebrities are what brings it down. They don't win anything, so they won't be excited about winning anything. They forced excitement the whole thing through. And there was no reason for them to basically take 30 minutes of TPIR and stretch it over 60 minutes when they could have just did it like a regular show.

Now if they used real people, it would be awesome. And I like that they're being authentic with the sets and music. And I liked the little retrospective at the beginning. I'm a huge game show junkie, so I'll keep watching just to watch. The last three will be my faves, for sure.

• Members

I thought the show was okay... what was with all the celeb contestants looking lost when they did the games? It was like they have never seen The Price Is Right before. And I could have did with out all the talking, and explanation of every bit (it was like watching half of The Price Is Right)... they would have just played it like a celebrity edition of the game show. I loved how when they scanned the crowd and they showed Adam Carolla, he was leaving the audience. I'm really looking foward to Beat The Clock, Card Sharks, and Match Game.

• Members

Oh, "flamboyant" is an incredible understatement. I watched pieces. :lol:

I liked this primetime "Game Show Marathon." 'Twas easy to view. I think it could be a hit because it's comfortable viewing if you're too lazy to change the channel, and you'll probably get some portion of enjoyment from it due to said laziness.

Archived