Best Quote EVER!

KLN

• Members

Just thought I'd share, because I effing LOVE THIS!

"If you are a woman, if you're a person of color, if you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, if you're a person of size, if you're a person of intelligence, if you're a person of integrity, then you are considered a minority in this world. And it's going to be really hard to find messages of self love and support anywhere -- especially women's and gay men's culture. It's all about how you have to look a certain way, or else you're worthless. You know when you look in the mirror, and you think, 'Ugh, I'm so ugly, I'm so fat, I'm so old,' don't you know that's not your authentic self? But that is billions upon billions of dollars of advertising, magazines, movies, billboards, all geared to make you feel shitty about yourself so that you'll take your hard-earned money and spend it at the mall on some turnaround cream that doesn't turn around [!@#$%^&*]! If you don't have self esteem, you will hesitate before you do anything in your life. You will hesitate to go for the job you really want to go for. You will hesitate to ask for a raise. You will hesitate to call yourself an American. You will hesitate to report a rape. You will hesitate to defend yourself when you are discriminated against because of your race, your sexuality, your size, your gender. You will hesitate to vote. You will hesitate to dream. For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution. And our revolution is long overdue.I urge you all today -- especially today -- in these times of terrorism and chaos, to love yourselves without reservation, and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into leather. Then, by all means, use restraints." - Margaret Cho

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excellent quote. I think it really sums up what a lot of people in our generation feel. And really sums up what a lot of people are going through. Powerful statement.

I love Margaret Choe. It's from Cho's Revolution? I think I've seen it.

Soooo in love with Cho!

• Members

Margaret Cho is hilarious. She's one of those people who can mix vulgarity with substance and meaning and she does so with gusto. I think one of her funniest bits was when she said that going out to bars with gay men was the worst.

"You go girl...no really...go!"

:lol:

• Members

She really is brilliant.

I sit through every one of her shows, and I really have NO idea how she is going to tie everything that she's talked about together, but she does it so amazingly!

Archived