The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

So I barely watch these days.. and have a few qs:

i thought Luke was supposed to go into rehab, but i saw him yesterday and that wasn't the direction this story was taking. What's the plan for rehab?

it seems Brenda is going to leave to raise Alec and we're going to get Carson again. Am I right? Is that the plan? Honestly, I know most of you don't agree (or care) but Carson to me is as right as LuNacy. It's just supposed to be.... the natural order of things.

is the actress who plays Maya gone? I really liked Mayan.

are they REALLY going to do Ethina? She still seems too young for him. I can't imagine a sex scene -- i think it might look/feel all wrong. What are the ages of the actors?

im hearing GH will soon go the way of AMC and OLTL. Is that just speculation or has someone mentioned the axe if the show doesn't meet a certain viewership?

Thanks!

LB

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hi Lainey

Luke is going to rehab next week after losing his [!@#$%^&*] and screaming at lulu and then confessing to sonny he is afraid he is becoming his father . But of course in GH fashion they [!@#$%^&*] up a story....tracy takes him to rehab and then lulu finds out that he signed himself out the same day and is gone. Way to go GH, taking a story that they have actually given some depth and real time action, and then completely water it down/dilute it with luke escaping rehab etc...I think it would have been a perfect chance for Tony's absence to be explained with characters mentioning, oh I just came from visiting dad. He is doing well, etc.

The actress that plays maya is a star of charlies angels that just got picked up by ABC. She returned for one day to tape an exit and belive me it is going to suck. Not even a good bye to the Qs or Edward.

I agree that S&C will always be destined to come back to each other.

I think GH being cancelled is already a done deal lainey. I think the rumors are not rumors. I think when they announce the katie couric deal on June 4th they will announce GH. I think GW is going to wrap up the show. Just like AMC hired a new head writer two weeks before cancellation.

Yes I think they are doing ethina but it will be a very slow build over the summer.

They have been taping a lot together

Lexi IMO has really developed into a good actress.

• Members

I wonder if firing Guza(hey, he's a hack, but I feel sorry for him being fired) is a way to try and save the show or just send it out with a little class. I think they may be trying to save it-JFP has never cared about it having class before. Methinks she is trying to save HER job.

But she doesn't have the authority to fire him, does she?

Anyway, it should be interesting for those watching right now to see what differences the new writer keeps, and which he throws away. If the show ends with him, I think he'll reunite Luke and Laura and make Tracy the eeevil manipulator again, because God knows Laura, much like some others, must never, ever look bad.

It should be interesting to see where he takes all the characters, because no writer keeps all the old directions and stories.

I know some like Ethina, but that's one I hope he nips in the bud. Give Kristina to Johnny, and let Ethan be paired with a decent human being. At this point, I don't care who, as long as it's ABKOARTH.

And about Tracy going back to her old ways-as long as she gets to keep some of her growth, I don't care. And as long as she gets to slap Laura really hard just ONCE. I'll be okay with her making Bora cry.

Edited by ILoveTracyQ

• Members

I don't think we ever have to worry about EWCBO again. Not only is GF on another show now, but she isn't part of the story anymore. Remember GW is the one who gave us all that LuNacy at the B&W ball. If you look at it - the two isolated from the rest of the cast most of the time - those scenes didn't have to happen, but they did. I think GW knows what he has in LuNacy and can recognize a ship that has sailed.

• Members

Yeah, but the rabid LnLers are going to start campaigning to bring Genie back now that Guza is leaving, because they still actually believe it was only Guza that didn't want her back.

I don't take anything for granted. I don't see GF lasting long on Y&R. I could be wrong, but I think the longtime fans are going to resent her presence taking away airtime from those on the sidelines that haven't gotten story for years, much like all fans do. I think it's going to be a lukewarm run at best, because I don't think too many people other than her most fervent fans, are really going to give a crap.

She'll be there not long.

• Members

Genie recently said she would love to return to GH in a year or two

when she hits 50.

Now that Guza is gone it could happen, does anyone know how long her

Y&R contract is?

If it's six months there's a chance she could turn up on GH to usher the show off the air.

Frankly I don't care if she returns, I know it'll be good stuff for Jane if she does.

NO matter what happens Garin is much better for the vets than Guza.

• Members

I don't want Jane played more. I want Tracy to have a STORY. I don't even care if it's a small supporting story (who am I kidding, yes I do care, I want a BIG one for her), but I'll take a small one if it's about HER.

Bring back Larry, Brook and Dillon, and make them their own family unit. Yes, she's a Spencer, (for now,who knows if and when that might change), but I want more Ashtons/Q's.

• Members

I would think Genie signed a year contract but I don't know. GH is going to be cancelled so why would she leave the number one soap to a soap that is going down.

I don't think the scabs wrote the black and white ball. I don't believe GW was headwriter til beginning of Jan that year til March something.

But he did write lucky to be the hero saving sam off the bridge, nik got to kill diego, not super jase. Sam got POV. Tracy/luke/monica got that little blackmail arc.

NLG was tweeting how he loves women driven stories etc. We'll see .The studio is dark the first two weeks in june I'm pretty sure, so I bet he will be either scrapping or finessing storyline.

Supposedly the Daytime Confidential guy said JFP fired Guza upon Frons orders. He got pissed and stormed out.

I am hoping that we just see JE a little more this summer than usual. I think she will be on a handful of times in June. It is alwasy July/August/Sept that we see her 1x a month if we are lucky

With Jack back on DOOL (matt ashford) and justin/adrienne there so wish Jane would pop on over for a stint as anjelica...pipe dream but it would be good

• Members

Ok, I have to ask. Does anyone here find TG as sexy as I do? He has so much swagger even when walking around pretending to be drunk and looking like a complete mess. There is this sexiness that I find attractive. Ok, there is my embarrassing post for the day. Carry on. :D

• Members

TG is definitely better with age, although the haggerd look isn't his best.

I am not worried about GF in the least. She is on another show for at least a year and the isn't any place for her on GH now.

As for the last go through with GW, he was working from Guza's outlined originally but he was writing the full mesh of characters and that would not have been done with Guza's. GW didwrite content and outlines by January of the strike, that is true, but content was his earlier than that.

Just saw on DD one of the reasons Guza's got the boot was his refusal to scale back the Unholy Trinity, so we have some hope of a richer canvas now. Also JI's exit story is going forward so now there is a real chance of seeing Tracy and Monica involved rather than just Jason and Michael. But I still don't know how theycan give ELQ to Michael when Tracy has been running it. Under Guza's I could see them forgetting that point but now everything is up in the air.

• Members

I don't know if I believe all the internet rumors about Guza, but I can see them doing it without any forewarning and also doing it in an insulting way in front of a lot of people. Personally, I think the man is discriminatory towards women and doesn't write for the audience(most of the time), he writes for himself. I think he's sloppy, and lazy, and careless. In short, he puts forth very little effort. BUT I won't celebrate his firing. I think people going around with the fist pumps and everything else, should remember that he is, after all, a human being. It sucks to lose a job, even a job that by rights, you should have been fired from years ago. I feel for him.

OTOH, I want JE to get at least one more good story before GH sinks, and with Guza, she wasn't going to get it. So, I'm happy that *maybe* with GW, MAYBE, she'll finally get a good one. As far as GF, I think GW, especially if he's going to see GH into the ground, will make a place for her. Or try to. Really, the HW has no rights in firing or hiring, which is why I was always astounded people took it out on Guza about GF. I think that's always been 90% JFP. If TIIC agree, GF will be back before the show ends though, I do believe that.

How? As I said, I don't believe she'll be on Y&R long. I can even see them temporarily releasing her to go back for a few weeks to end GH, then her going back to CBS. However it works out, wherever she's at, I think the chances are good that Laura will be back one last time before GH ends.

As far as GH ending, since it hasn't been confirmed, it could last several more years. Of course it'll end eventually, but if the ratings improve enough with Garin, I believe ABC will keep it a while longer than next year. Even if it ends next year, I expect to see GF back.

Nobody is less impressed with that fact than me, I don't care about her presence or her character or her history. At all. But I believe it will happen. That doesn't mean I think LnL will necessarily reunite. I honestly have no idea about that. I don't think it's a done deal that LnL WILL be together when the show ends, like some folks do. I think any couple is fluid and up in the air at any given time. ANYTHING could happen, and in soaps, it often does.

I don't believe the thing about Guza partly being fired for not scaling back on the pets. He's shoved them down our throats for years now, but all of a sudden, they tell him to lay off and he's fired because he refuses?

NAH. I don't believe that. I think it's possible he wasn't even given a reason. Just "Bob, you have to pack up and leave. You're being replaced."

I don't think TIIC/JFP/Frons gave Guza any more respect in his firing than the actors got. Wouldn't be surprised if it hit the net before he knew.