Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Now you see, they came by here first (don't know how they found me. I'm STILL in the middle of nowhere), and whispered in my ear. Thought I'd pass it along. The "horizontal" is actually "vertical." She was sitting on a stool in the kitchen while he pampered her this evening, making their goodbye dinner. When he handed her a tomato to chop for a salad, the ordinary suddenly became extraordinary because they are so rarely like this, and they may never be again. The realization hit them both at the same time, and suddenly a fire was lit that was more passionate and desperate than the first time. That is because it could -- quite simply-- be the last.

And right now her body aches almost as much as her soul...

Just thought I'd pass it along.......... ;)

Oh.. today might have been the worst GH ever.

No Luke. No Tracy. No Diane or Max or Alexis or J-Lex. Nobody sassy or halfway interesting. Just mob-crap. Truly... awful, awful day. Not even Maxi and Spinelli could save it (They're wearing on me. Loosing all zing). And I don't like Nik/Claudia... Claudia/Tracy, I FLOVE... but Nik/Claudia - NO!

Edited by LaineyBev714

• Members

Hey all! IT is 2am, can't sleep. Pissed off. Tracy will only be on tomorrow this week. She is busting in on Lulu/Johnny but Ghost Alan is on tomorrow too.

I can't believe she comes home and is only one once this week! Bummer!!!

Had a great trip! Missed you guys! I really did!!

I can't wait to catch up on all the fics and the annals and the blog. Remos--sounds like some great stuff/Funny still have to catch up on yours too!

LadyA--Thanks for that caption and LOL on the shoes

TL-Great pics!!! Gosh Dana looks so much like you in those photos it is uncanny! You are one hot mama there with those legs!!! :)

Ms.Q--Glad you had a good trip.

Now I am reading all kinds of stuff about the HS blowing up going boom. Logan trying to rape lulu and claudia kills him. Scott makes a comeback. But TQ will not be on much.

I was in such a good mode before I left with all the Tracy info...but now...uggghH!!

Good thing for our own little blog/annals world!

Trying not to be discouraged.

Edit

From some insider

The only information I have on Tracy is that she will be trying to help Lulu stay out of trouble with very little success. She also makes it clear she does not want Johnny in the Q mansion.

I dont know anything beyond that,

Midnight Blue

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

OMG I have to go to bed. Some really nice person who just got the SID typed this out for me on SD just now (nice people come on at 2:45am)

I wish I believed Guza

Ins and Outs

SID

Tracy's Back, but Not Luke!

Luke is still on the run, but JE returns as his wife, Tracy, on Tuesday, June 3. "Tracy is going to be all over this summer," says HW BG. "Among other things, Tracy takes it upon herself--with somewhat comedic results and, at other times, somewhat serious results--to try to be a mother to Lulu in Luke's absence. Meanwhile, Luke may be out of sight, but he's not out of mind. "PEOPLE are going to go after him," says Guza.

LUSAM = PEOPLE I guess.

• Members

Okay it is no 4:38am. I have not slept yet. I have to get up in two hours, so why bother right.

Wow just caught up with the blog/annals---Damn Remos! I think we unleashed the floodgates and you have a whole new genre to write! LOL!!

Go Lainey--keep egging her on!

I might have to go wake up my husband!!! KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next stop--catching up on Funny's fics!!

• Members

Nex--Tracy is only on today this week supposedly.

Lainey--Cute article in this week's SID with Jason on the cover about Dimax. I will try to type it out for you as my scanner is broken. Also, Spinelli in his quest to pick up girls tries to pick up a girl on Wed. and her lesbian girlfriend comes into the bar and plants a kiss on her. Thought you might be interested in that. That is probably GH's big delve into a storyline featuring a gay character. They do such a great job don't they? NOT! Kind of like the heart month where Epiph had her heart attack for an episode and never to be mentioned again but to plug a cambell's soup can.

Good JE stuff in SID. WIll type it out in a bit...

Someone brought this over for me from somewhere

Thought you might find this interesting from the Wiki on Doug Marland:

Although the changes at General Hospital were a success, Marland was not interested in moving to Los Angeles, where the show was produced. In 1979, he assumed the head writing reins of New York-based Guiding Light. Marland's run on GL produced popular storylines and characters. One character Marland introduced was Nola Reardon, played by Lisa Brown. The uncoventional Nola started as a villainess and became the heroine of the show. Another story was an envelope-pushing story that featured the character of Carrie Todd Marler (played by Jane Elliot). Carrie was diagnosed with multiple personalities, and Marland had barely delved into her psychosis when Elliot's contract was abruptly terminated by Executive Producer Allan Potter in 1982; Marland resigned in protest.

Just because I think it is a sound set of guidelines that all the soaps should be following these days. There are always exceptions and deviations from the rules, but this is a good starting point:

How Not To Wreck A Show

By Douglas Marland

Watch the show.

Learn the history of the show. You would be surprised at the ideas that you can get from the back story of your characters.

Read the fan mail. The very characters that are not thrilling to you may be the audience's favorites.

Be objective. When I came in to ATWT, the first thing I said was, what is pleasing the audience? You have to put your own personal likes and dislikes aside and develop the characters that the audience wants to see.

Talk to everyone; writers and actors especially. There may be something in a character's history that will work beautifully for you, and who would know better than the actor who has been playing the role?

Don't change a core character. You can certainly give them edges they didn't have before, or give them a logical reason to change their behavior. But when the audience says, "He would never do that," then you have failed.

Build new characters slowly. Everyone knows that it takes six months to a year for an audience to care about a new character. Tie them in to existing characters. Don't shove them down the viewers' throats.

If you feel staff changes are in order, look within the organization first. P&G [Procter & Gamble] does a lot of promoting from within. Almost all of our producers worked their way up from staff positions, and that means they know the show.

Don't fire anyone for six months. I feel very deeply that you should look at the show's canvas before you do anything.

Good soap opera is good storytelling. It's very simple.

Douglas Marland is considered by many as one of the greatest head writers ever. Marland was a former head writer of As The World Turns, Guiding Light, and General Hospital. He worked as a writer on Another World and co-created Loving. He won multiple Emmy awards and Soap Opera Digest awards. Marland, a former actor, loved daytime. He passed away on March 6, 1993. This article was published in the April 27, 1993 issue of Soap Opera Digest. Thanks to SEW for providing a copy of the article.

• Members

From a poster who is now been validated as legit on SD....

Hi everyone,

I was getting a little disheartened earlier about giving spoilers because they seemed to make people more upset than happy but I can see they are appreciated. I would just ask that people give things a chance to air before they rip them. I don't reveal all details because that would spoil it too much. Not to say things may be disappointing or not play how you would like them to, but give them a shot.

And to the person last night that was really polite in asking me about Tracy, I went back and asked. I only got this tidbit, sorry it's not more.

-Tracy is involved in the Johnny/Lulu story. Tracy has concern about their dalliance and in Luke's absence steps up to stop what she thinks could be dangerous for Lulu. Alan again shows up to help her throught this.

-RoseDewittBukater

• Members

Okay from SID June 16th issue

Ins and Outs

Photo of JE in the oopsie daisy jacket from that one photo shoot spread with her on the prop cart. But just of her face with the caption: Life on the Lam was short-lived for blue-blood Tracy under the photo.

Headline:

Tracy's Back, but not Luke

IN: Luke is still on the run, but Jane Elliot returns as his wife, Tracy, on Tuesday, June 3rd. "Tracy is going to be all over this summer," says headwriter Robert Guza Junior. "Among other things, Tracy takes it upon herself--with some what comedic results and, at other times, somewhat serious results--to try to be a mother to Lulu in Luke's absence." Meanwhile Luke may be out of sight, but he's not out of mind. "People are going to go after him," says Guza.

Myth or Reality section: The truth behind daytimes' hottest gossip (photo is small one of Tracy, Luke, Edward from will forging day)

General Hospital created the role of Tracy for Jane Elliot (REALITY)

Steve Carlson (ex-Gary) has the scoop. "When they were recasting Gina Dante, I did a screen test with about 10 girls for the role. At the end, they said "Do you want to do one more?" We have a gal here and she is not right for Gina Dante, but we think she's a good actress and we want to see her on camera." In waltzed a blonde Elliot, who Carlson was really taken with. "Sometimes you just run across somebody that's just a cut above," he says. "At the end of working with Jane, I said, "Listen, I don't care if she's blonde. Dye her hair. This is who I want." They said no, they had other plans for her. They ended up creating the character of Tracy for her, and here she is, to this day".

More to come in a bit

Edited by hookedongh