Instagram embeds spilling/breaking into page

• Members

First I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before. I've been noticing this for the past few days and first decided not to post about this, not wanting to seem petty or losing your time, since I thought it would be a one-two time thing. But now I've been seeing this time and time again and managed to screenshot 2 examples of when it happened. I've seen it at least 3-4 times more, but didn't screenshot, since I thought it will fix by itself. It's very strange and makes the post unreadable. I haven't changed anything or done anything differently - it's the same Chrome browser - updated to the newest one. This has been happening for the past week or so. I decided to post here about it, since I know it's your number one priority to keep the board in top condition and wanted to make a light of this.  Again I'm sorry if this has been talked about and I've missed it somewhere. Thank you for your time! 

Please register in order to view this content

P.S the OS is Windows 11, again updated and fully functional. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Sometimes (unrelated to this SON site) I increase my browser zoom to greater than 100%, for example to see fine print or a small photo, etc.  If I leave my browser that way, then instagrams on SON display as you described above.   But when I readjust my browser to 100% zoom, the instagram posts display properly for me.

Edit: Well I just did a test to see if I remembered the situation correctly.  I tried zooming in and then viewed some embedded instagrams here on SON -- but that's not the issue today.  But I think it happened that way in the past?

All I can say is that it was happening for me as you described (sometimes) and I must have found a fix because it's not an issue today.  Sorry I'm not much help, LOL.

(Edit later -- I remember now that this was my issue when viewing regular images if my browser was set to high zoom, but not relevant to this discussion of instagram spillover)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Hmm... not fixed or caused by page zoom.

I tried it on one of these posts. 

• Members

It has to do with how the user(s) are posting the posts; if you choose the "embed" option, via IG, and when posting here, go to "Source" and put that code in... the posts WORKS! Pasting the plain link it what is causing the issue.

• Members

Thank you for this insight. You know so much and I'm such a clutz with these things! I didn't think about this... When I post a link, it stays a link, doesn't embed... Hm... maybe something I am missing. I feel like a complete idiot if it's something I should have guessed myself. But I hope it gets resolved so it doesn't spill into pages like this.

• Members

Well... the moment I responded to your comment, it happened again.... It was normal before. I am now leaving this in the hands of @Errol or @Toups ... who I trust will fix this! I have attached screenshot!!!

• Members

Honestly... I'm beginning to think QUOTES is fücking it up, because until you quoted it @Maxim it was fine. Invision, some time ago, implemented the collapsible quoting feature; I know several forums have installed a code overriding this and it works pretty well (with some faults).

• Members

And I just checked on my phone and I saw this mess. Now there is an ad covering the embedded post almost completely. Took a screen record so you can see it in motion.

It happens when there aren't quoting posts after too... as example in the first post I made.

The first two examples. 

• Members

I can't even read what you @Liberty City posted here
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/66788-instagram-embeds-spillingbreaking-into-page/?do=findComment&comment=1932736
because the Maura West is covering the joint between your post and the one after it, and I cannot click "quote" because the quote button is covered.

My screen looks same as @Maxim's screenshot here
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/66788-instagram-embeds-spillingbreaking-into-page/?do=findComment&comment=1932765