• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

BOLD basically got shut out LMFAO

This has to be embarrassing, CH goes to YR and wins an Emmy for a character Brad Bell was going to kill off and threw under the bus for a LOWgan

Slay Courtney slay!

OMG McKenna looks like Susan Haskell lol 

it'll be on Paramount Plus 

Naomi is FIRE! They need to let her show off her figure more, she is FINE AF

• Members
Posted (edited)

BTW the last time people thought Frank was fried at the mic was last year's Emmys. And that time Frank had Covid but didn't know it till he tested for it Monday morning, after. 

And, here is the link for the re-watch.

No, that was actually an old link. Not sure of the new now. Sorry. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Let's keep it real here, the Daytime Emmys stopped being relevant when Susan Lucci's streak was over.

With only three soaps left on the broadcast networks and four acting categories, the only purpose of the actual show is for CBS to fill space in their summer programming.

• Members

It was weird. The people around him were treating him like he was disabled. Maybe he has a medical issue he hasn’t disclosed publicly? The way Laura Wright was hovering around him as he read his speech off his phone and clapping like he was a child who successfully completed a presentation… odd. 

That year 1999… really kind of a symbolic end to soaps as a culturally important genre as the 20th century came to a close.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, I think somewhat differently. To me the shows were not relevant when no network would produce them & it was a thrown together affair. Now that they're back on CBS they are again a night when the shows can celebrate & get dressed up & see people they do not see the rest of the year. If you're looking for some kind of rubber stamp on daily quality, the Emmys to me have never been that. There is no way that 2 episodes can represent the daily quality of a show that is on the air 5 days a week every week all year except for 2 weeks. They are an awards show, just like other awards shows. YMMV. 

A very weird thing just happened. I posted Michelle Stafford's winning & her acceptance speech in my FB soap opera forum. Paramount Plus challenged for copyright. So, deleted. Obviously they do own the footage. It's just not usual not to be able to show selected clips. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Mmmmmmmm

Too bad his character has become dumber than dirt.

He looked like that in the earlier Emmys. But he looked worse last night.

I knew something was missing. It's been the fans inside the building. 

The Emmys are so cheaply produced and it looks it.

• Members

I posted an article in the emmy's thread that said their budget was basically slim to none lol 

I wonder how embarrassing it is for CBS to continually host the emmy's and their soaps basically get shut out every year lol