• Members

Idk maybe.

Abby was really going through a lot of exciting stuff around the first time KM left. Like so many soap actors before her, maybe she was hoping to move on to primetime or something bigger.

Now that I think about it, maybe that first short return in late 2018 was just to meant to usher Chad off the canvas too and give both characters a happy ending, and with Marci Miller deciding to leave, they turned to Kate. But then Chad and Abby in Paris happened. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, KM probably initially left to try her luck in Hollywood.  For some reason I get the vibe that she's just more interested and satisfied playing Kristina on GH.  That could just be my own personal taste seeping in because I definitely prefer Kristina to Abby.

If firedguy made her leave I can only imagine how many other actresses quietly departed because of that and never got to speak out.  

• Members

But, am I the only one who never felt like Chad and Abby well suited for each other as a couple.  Maybe it is because Chad is not a very fleshed out character, and I still see him as a bit slimy.  I never bought into their attraction, they just seemed put together out of convenience (to quote another thread).

Also, Chad seems to have developed more as a moral character and has more purpose at the newspaper than he had during his marriage to Abby.  For example, I like him as an outsider amongst his siblings.  I also like his friendship with Alex and Stefan. 

So, if this is all a setup for another go round of the power plays between Gabi&Stefan vs. Chad&Abby, I'm not here for it. 

• Members

What I would like to say considering the fact that it seems not to be going away is that what is missing is a hashtag. Just some mark, an ID, that easily lets people either find you to agree with you or to avoid you. It could be #Anti-Ari or #Anti-Zucher or #IAmAnIdiot okay, probably not that one, moving on. #AgainstWhiteRichBitches ... These are just ideas to get you started. And, for the record, I HATE her politics. That applies also to Carolyn Hennessey, Kin Shriner, Ingo Rademacher, you get the idea here. But, I don't want to talk about that here & now. Amazing but I really just want to talk about the show. Now, go ahead, say your worst. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

There were definitely other actresses, but nothing was ever made public

Me neither lol, but who knows what's gonna happen now, considering the spoilers that are out.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

No, you aren't the only one.  I thought Mansi/Flynn had decent chemistry, but Chad/Abby aren't the couple they are built up to be.

I think Billy Flynn brings more to the character because he's a good actor, but Chad is kind of a dud.

Chad/Abby do seem to have a decent fanbase though, so I might be missing something.

• Members

Donna, I agree with you.  I just don't want to talk about it anymore.  Let's talk about the show.

Maybe they will tell their story now or come back.  You know my disdain for MM's Belle, but Marlena is really going to need one child on the canvas.  I hope they can work something out with her.

• Members

Well, she did state the idea of consistent work during a strike was what drew her a bit in.

I know Miller left the first time for primetime / film.

Hoping and praying... all Martha Madison wanted was a commitment, and Alarr couldn't provide that.

• Members

Shawn slept with Jada's sister though....ewww.  But Shawn's still better than Rafe lol

It's bizarre a show can't commit to Bo/Hope's first child and John/Marlena's only biological child.   It's really insanity there is "no place for them on the canvas".  

Also, slightly hilarious Belle is "too busy" to take on Eric's divorce so EJ has to lol

• Members

I have personally wondered about Lindsay's leaving. She seemed to fit in the Blind Item, as a young actress who maybe was harassed & she got a boyfriend & things got worse. And, then her contract came out & she quit. 

But, that has nothing to do with the show right now. 

What did y'all think about the re-introduction of Jack? I somehow thought it was clumsy. They didn't really have much to say to each other. He could've mentioned the fire, the redo, how the house looks, if it feels like home. I can think of a number of things Jack could've said. It was just kinda clunky. And, of course, I'm not well adjusted to the way Matt looks at the moment. Also I'm not sure why he's back. Do we know? 

• Members

It's just as bizarre that Kate cannot have more than one child on the canvas at a time. The only time was when Billie & Lucas returned after Austin's departure. If it feels like if it isn't Eric and/or Sami, then Ken Corday and company could give two-hoots about having Marlena's children on-canvas, despite there being plenty of opportunity for them to be.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That can be an added dynamic 

Please register in order to view this content

I just think they really missed a big opportunity by not exploring something between Shawn and Jada. The actors did seem to have some chemistry in their scenes together.

And sadly, like so many others, nothing came of it and they were back on their soap just a few years later.

Edited by AbcNbc247