• Members

Lol!  I am a super picky eater and I am the worst person in the world to wind up with a French trained chef, but it's been so long he just knows lol.   And is like here is some cheese...  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The amount of characters starting something new on this show is wild. Especially because none of the new stuff is sparking any more than the old stuff.

Curtis running wellness gym/spas is less interesting than the mob trying to move in on his club. Sasha cooking for the Q’s is a dead end. Willow flip flopping into another new venture with all the rest of this career changing going on is stupid. The only one with a point is Alexis.

I keep looking at Lynn talking about Deception and she could easily sell the product. Have Lucy brag on camera about her age and tell the buyers she’s been using Deception the whole time. She looks incredible!

I give zero F about Blaze or her mother. I might be slightly interested if the show wasn’t a huge sloppy mess when it comes to characters and stories right now.

The one thing they had momentum with was Jason’s return. They could easily have more characters helping them to stretch that out. Sam decides to investigate what Jason has been into to protect her family. Dante could be in the mix with Anna but can’t tell Sam everything. Use Anna more with the Valentine angle. Rope Laura in because she has never really trusted him.

I know the stalling is because of budget. If every there was a time to let a story run and deal with the budget later it’s now.

• Members

I agree completely. 

It is distracting to have a character in every story have a sudden midlife career change.  Because it screams, “we're trying to solve old problems”, rather than showing that they have new ideas. 

For example, there's nothing about Willow not being a nurse that's going to add depth to the character.  Similarly, Carly bopping around between a magazine, a diner, and a hotel doesn't intrigue me at all.  The dialogue has improved.  The show has much more humor.  But, they are calling too much attention to solving minor concerns, given an audience that is traditionally averse to change.

• Members

I honestly didn't care at all about what Curtis was doing before and I don't care much now - he's boring. I do think the business stuff with Drew, Nina, etc. roping Curtis and Willow in is a means to a plot end, and that is what I care about because I'm into Drew and Nina. So that aspect is somewhat intriguing to me. Sasha needs to be trampled by Comet, and if Natalia isn't going to start actively causing huge trouble both her and Blaze need to go.

• Members

I thought today's episode was very tight. 

I don't like all the short scenes the show does, but cutting from Liz and Portia at the hospital talking about their worries about their parenting only to lead into Natalia just being the meddling mother worked well for me. Later, having Portia asked by Curtis about his work with Drew on the fitness division felt like we were seeing the internal conflict that Portia was just talking about as a mother in action in her marriage.

Natalia works for me as the source of conflict. She is homophobic, but she doesn't think she's homophobic. I am pretty sure I called it a few weeks back when I said Natalia would use the pregnancy as another reason to keep the couple apart. Natalia is a woman who has controlled every step her daughter has taken. This must be killing her. I do hope that Natalia starts actively doing things to undermine the relationship, but I'm content with what is going on right now. No one is buying Natalia's line of thought. Alexis has dismissed her. Brook Lynn has pointed out that the ideas are outdated. The one issue I do see is whether or not Blaze/Allison is worth all this trouble. I think the actress is growing, or I am just accepting the work she is putting out there. I don't know which. 

I am enjoying the character based drama in the surrogacy story with the conflict being the connection to Sonny with the sprinkles that Kristina is becoming attached to the child. I appreciate that there are finally T.J./Molly scenes because so much of their story has been told in separate scenes. Though, like many of the stories, there will need to be some action at some point. 

Drew and Nina continue to be fun. I think the sexual tension before Curtis' phone call was good. I am enjoying them as thick as thieves, but I will be curious to see how things progress once Jordan is thrown into the mix. 

I think someone mentioned a shift in Aiden's story from the liking a guy to the bullying, but I sorta hope that they are linked. What if the bully is the guy that Aiden likes and has decided to avoid outing himself by targeting Aiden? I recently saw the film "Monster" that played with that issue. 

I still like the potential of where things are going, but I will admit it isn't always the most exciting way to get there. 

• Members

That was me and I had the same thoughts about Tobias. But this is the only story on GH that is being told off screen.  Why haven't we seen Aiden being harassed?  Why haven't we met Tobias?  Elizabeth already knows he is being bullied and now is calling the school counselor?

I'd rather see this played out than Sasha's ridiculous cook story. Seriously... They spent a whole hour with it?

It's obvious PM doesn't have full control of who he can write for. He is being told who to write for.

• Members
Posted (edited)

There's no evidence yet PM's being told who to write for. And again, Aiden can't act so I see no reason to give him major story. I'd rather just dump the whole thing, send him off to some great school and recast with someone better in a year or two. I don't care about an imaginary offscreen character potentially paired with a non-actor anymore than I cared about Fen's instant one-day boyfriend on Y&R.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I could also understand if the production felt that it would be distasteful to show a young boy being bullied for his sexuality during daytime.  We can see Aiden's reaction, and we can have compassion for the situation. Perhaps, we don't need to hear the censured version of schoolyard taunts that would be allowed to air in the afternoon? 

After all, anachronistic language like “fairy” wouldn't have the same dramatic impact as what would really be yelled in schools today.