DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My conspiratorial instinct wonders if sponsors don't approve of prescription drug abuse stories on some soaps because you can't watch daytime TV and not see multiple commercials for different drugs for consumers to ask their doctor about.  I know historically Erica on AMC and others had addictions to prescriptions, but that was before drug companies were allowed to advertise like they today.

Certainly, but I may recall that shot of the women in their frozen chambers longer than that time when Tate went to rehab camp.

• Members

You might be onto something with that, but they don't tend to advertise opiates on tv.  People like Alan, Brenda, and Lucky on GH all had prescription pill problems, but that was generally after a traumatic injury.  I can't recall anyone somewhat recently having one. John is the only one I can think of on Days and that was 15 years ago.  I think alcoholism is just an easier trope to portray and get on air. 

Well, I can't argue with that lol!

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Welcome back, Nicole and Holly! We’ve missed you. Hopefully, their storylines are returned to the frontburner, where they belong. And hopefully, everything works out BTS as well. 

Still don’t give two shits about Leo or that he’s alone and miserable. He deserves to feel that way. Hopefully, Dimitri found a new bf in prison. Or is longing for the true love of his life, Andrew

Please register in order to view this content

I did like seeing all the couples be all dorky and romantic today. And a lot of the gifts that they gave each other were really nice. It still seems to me like a calm before the storm kind of thing for everybody and I’m looking forward to that. 

And as for Jada, all I can say is finally!!

This has me looking forward to Monday’s episode. That and the other cliffhangers as well. I hope we aren’t let down. 

Btw, shut up, Theresa

• Members

I am going to be honest I still don't get what geo cashing is and I know the show has tried to explain it, but I am still lost.

I had a feeling the lady cop was the mole.  

Theresa and Alex barely know each other.  Why would she even want to marry him?  They still sleep in separate bedrooms lol

Wow, the show really wants to make Sloan unlikeable.  At this point she should just tell Eric the truth.  She doesn't want the baby and barely even seems to like Eric.  

I was a bit curious about Everett's initial reaction to Jada.  His facial expression seemed totally shocked when she called him Bobby like he had no idea what she was talking about.  

I actually found it slightly endearing how much Rafe liked his gift and you know I never praise Rafe.

• Members

Right off, I think I can help a little bit. It is cache-ing, not cashing, like when you have to clear your computer's cache. Memory. Cyber dump. So, a geo-cache would be an object described in some kind of tech perhaps GSP even, directional terminology. 

Amen & pass the biscuits, please! So glad to see Nicole! Liked her scenes with EJ & with ComatoseHolly who is at least now breathing on her own. 

I wouldn't even give one good pee for Leo. Anytime, anywhere, dressed in whatever ridiculous finery. 

The show's celebration of Valentine's Day was excellent, I thought. 

And the actress played it so well. Such a welcoming speech she had begun & then she SAW HIM & turned on a dime & screamed, "Bobbie!" with such horror in her voice that I have redoubled my concern about what kind of evil this guy may be!!!

STFU Theresa! And also while I'm at it, STFU Stefan. AND STFU Alex. I can't wait for Alex to get his comeuppance. 

• Members

I was one of the few who enjoyed all of the white spaces & the Megan Tech & all of the emotion that supported it. What I didn't like was that they just dropped any semblance of the people back in Salem grieving after those first 3 days of them "dying". Then they ran the two places as two separate stories, which I am sure was part of its originally being a Beyond Salem 3. But it was the wrong choice for drama! 

• Members

I'm amused by Sloan, and her ill-planned baby swapping antics.  She'd rather face a pack of hungry wolves than deal with babies or the men who cater to them. If only it weren't for Nicole's heartache lingering in the background, the whole scenario would be comedic.  Despite Sloan's baby bungling and Alex's penchant for mischief, I'm secretly rooting for them to reunite as a duo of self-absorbed troublemakers.

Valentine's Day gifts were cute, but the whole “red herring” box trick got old faster than a wilted bouquet. It was like a never-ending loop of anticipation and disappointment.

Oh, geocaching, the magical money-making method for hospitals? Who knew a little treasure hunt could fund the entire healthcare system? Too bad they left us in the dark about the trivia clues.

I enjoyed the suspense of Everett's bewilderment, but if the big reveal is that he has an evil twin named Bobby, who not only cheated on Jada but also shot Harris – well, color me disappointed.

Tripp's "kidnapping" could've been avoided if he simply asked Rafe about the need to move to safety via text. It's akin to a bank claiming they'd never text for your password. The plot's convolution lies in Tripp and Wendy's tech prowess contrasting with their lack of utilizing it effectively.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Not that we were ever supposed to root for Sloan, but if she actually bonded with the baby I might have some sympathy.  But the only thing Sloan cares about is getting Eric into bed lol.  I still find her amusing even though she's awful.

Listen, I even googled geocaching and I still don't understand how it makes money for charity.  I get the concept, I guess, but I find it stupid.  I guess I am old.  I am still confident I am younger than 70% of current days viewer though lol.

I am still holding out hope Everett's evil twin is Nick Fallon back from the dead.

• Members

I can only imagine it's like one of those things where they get local businesses to put up money on ransoming some citizen out of the jail. They always seem stupid to me. Basically the people who donate are just giving because they want to. However the way they're doing it has to be a corollary of SHOW Don't TELL. They're leaving us out of any of the clues.