GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, I had a totally different experience with today's show. I'll start by saying that I liked everything! The writing, the directing the acting. I've never seen a show approach a Memorial this way & so far I love it. 

Top of the list was Laura Wright, just at the top of her game & this doesn't happen to me often but she did make me cry. Very relatable. I loved how she felt like she should have done something to bring Bobbie home sooner, blaming herself when there is no blame. 

Sonny had a very interesting reaction. Willow showed me acting chops I didn't know she had. I thought for a minute she was going to shove him into the water & leave. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked it too Donna. Carly brought me right to the brink of tears, then they changed scenes which gave me a chance to compose myself. The whole time I compared it to the time when my own Mother died. So I didn't need to fall into that puddle (right now) and appreciated the continuation of the show. Bobbi's memorial should be a real tear-soaker.

Sonny and Nina, blah. This isn't really that big of a deal when it comes to the life and secrets, lies, etc. of a mobster and/or his woman. He probably will respect Nina MORE now. Blech.

I love me some Ava, but that hot pink and feathery sleeves was way too Mrs. Roper for me. I'd never think they could make her look dowdy, but...  And I don't like this Nik either.

PS: I had such a crush on Scotty back then. He's my type, and in fact I married a guy sorta like him. LOL

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, the bias was on display yesterday but I enjoyed the episode.

Btw, contrary to what GH is forcing down our throats right now, reporting a crime is not worse than the actual crime itself 

I agree about Laura Wright. She did a great job. As awful as Carly can be, I feel that LW is still able to make her sympathetic in some ways and I like that. Eden McCoy should take lessons from her

Please register in order to view this content

And yeah, Michael and Willow just need to get knocked out. The obvious story here is for Willow to defend Nina, but we all know that isn’t happening. Their scenes on the dock were stupid af.

And I really did like the scenes of Laura/ Kevin/Scott/Lucy absorbing the news of Bobbie’s death. They were acted really well. I hope we get more scenes like that as the show pays tribute to Bobbie/JZ

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The thing about this Nina/SEC stuff is that it's already over.  Carly kept her house and has Kelly's now and Drew's out of prison and Carly/Drew are back together.  Sure, it sucked for Drew that he almost died, but he unfortunately didn't.  The consequences for those two have already occurred.   I am sure Carly and Drew will be mad, but knowing Nina turned them in doesn't really effect them in any way.  The people that were yelling at Ned can just yell at Nina now.  

• Members

I think that Adam Huss is only going to play Nikolas on a temporary basis. This will be the final Nikolas. I think his story will end and he will be killed off for good. I wouldn't be surprised if Spencer ended up being the one who killed him.

• Members

I actually found the scenes between Carly and Drew to be very superficial. The dialogue is terrible and very cliched. Laura Wright is doing a fine job acting what has been given to her, as she always does. But the words she had to say lack character.

I appreciate what they are doing. It doesn’t help that I have been watching tons of older Bobbie stuff and what is discussed in the classic thread. I almost wish we would be left with Laura Wright in silence, feeling her emotions while they showed a couple of flashbacks. Because her acting is great, it’s just the lines that are failing them. But letting something breathe is not Frank’s style.

• Members

Drew just really felt like the wrong person to be there.  He had no relationship with Bobbie.  Perhaps Michael or Josslyn would have been better.  I don't like either one of them, but at least they had a relationship with her.

• Members
Posted (edited)

A great deal of the problem is that Cameron Mathison's portrayal of whatever character is superficial and clichéd.  Mathison was a saccharine daytime talkshow host for a few years and now that seeps into his portrayal of Drew Cain who should be nothing like that.

He's not acting.  He's talking to Carly as if he were a talkshow host who thinks he's a life coach.

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

omg yes.  They should have cast Mathison as the Deception spokesmodel.  Or the host of the Port Charles Home and Hearth shopping channel.  I could take him in small doses a few times a year like that.  But not as Drew Cain.
I know they wanted to cast a love interest for Carly, but he just doesn't do it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Am I wrong to want Drew recast again after all this? He's still such a blank slate and viable character, you can remold him completely just like they should've done (and essentially did, just in the wrong way) with CM. He's a viable male lead when he's not unbearably written and yes, performed. Wrong answers only!