2023 Daytime Emmys Live Discussion Thread

• Members

Twitter has been having issues for about 13 hours, in that embedded tweets don't display correctly - not just here but on other messageboards and on news sites, etc.   Until they fix it, here is the link which can be clicked for this video:
https://twitter.com/jelevision/status/1735890516871458829 
(Clueless reporter on red carpet doesn't know how Eden Riegel and Susan Lucci are connected and well.. just watch.)

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Her gown was similar to (but not exactly the same as) her 2023 Nurses Ball gown.  I'm sure that was intentional.  Especially since Kristina Wagner wore Jackie Zeman's Nurses Ball gown. The women characters all wore sparkly dresses on the fictitious red carpet at the Nurses Ball, and several wore that deep blue.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

"You are not the father!" will forever be Maury's catchphrase.

Look at the list of Daytime Emmy acting winners that were born 1980 and later. That to me is proof as to how far the daytime talent pool has dropped over the last 25-30 years.

The streak is over. 2023 was Thorsten Kaye 7th nomination in Lead Actor. He was nominated 2003 and 2004 for Port Charles, 2006 and 2009 for All My Children, 2020 and 2021 for B&B.

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood 3rd Lead Actress win ties her w/ Helen Gallagher, Maura West, Heather Tom in the Lead Actress list and places her behind Erika Slezak, Susan Flannery, Kim Zimmer.

It's crazy that B&B has more Lead Actress wins than Y&R. B&B 3 each for Susan Flannery, Heather Tom, Jacqueline MacInnes Wood. Y&R 1 each for Jess Walton, Michelle Stafford, Jeanne Cooper, Gina Tognoni, Eileen Davidson, Mishael Morgan.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Alley Mills on the winners red carpet.
Near the beginning, she lifts one leg a little so that you can see that the bottoms of her shoes are bright red.  Later, there's a close-up of her shoes around 1:50

At one point Alley looks up and speaks to the spirit of her late husband Orson Bean.

I love her individual look.  I also love that she's nothing like her B&B character Pam Douglas at all, LOL.

Alley Mills is a real actress, her portrayal of Heather on GH was phenomenal.

Edited by janea4old