Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

How unbelievably lazy to repeat the first 9 plus minutes from yesterday.  I love flashbacks, but I didn't need to see them again and I could understand repeating the shooting, but that was a huge chunk of the episode.

I don't think Beemer is that bad.  I don't think Marstolf or Vaughn are light years ahead of him as far as talent goes.  BB isn't fabulous, but he's fine.  I thought KA was worse than BB with the fake crying.  And, I mean, how can anyone take anything about this episode seriously when you see that CGI?

On a style note, that is one short dress Wendy is wearing lol.  It looks like something Ciara would wear. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is Angela really a guardian angel? Because it's kind of crappy to send Bo back to earth to wake up as a Dimera pawn who seemingly murders an acquaintance (or is Kate a relative by marriage...an ex-step-mom/sister in law?), then gets shot by his kid, in front of his true love. 

If Shawn were more of a main character, I think I'd probably enjoy this plot point because I could imagine it going somewhere. I do have to admit, I thought they'd kill Bo again, because it's the kind of ridiculous I expect from these writers. It's a shame they didn't go all out, have Shawn shoot Hope by mistake only for her to wake up as Gina. Hope as Gina with Bo as a Kiriakis could have been fun. 

I guess we'll go to Megan for more magic serum or whatever? Or did Kayla make a batch? 

I wonder why nobody in Salem became, like, a nice guy version of Rolf. Their lives would be much easier. That, and trackers, because the characters from the 80s disappear a lot. Next round, I hope our heroes are better adapted. 

• Members

A whole episode dedicated to tainted biscuits. The acting is atrocious. 

Why would EJ care about Nicole sleeping with Eric?

I knew something was different about Eric today. No beard...no facial hair. He looks sexier with the facial hair.

The only good thing about today's episode is seeing Stefan shirtless in bed.

This is easily a no reason to watch episode.

No follow up to Bo in a coma.

• Members

I like the way Sloan was written today; tough and stubborn in front of all these bitches that are trying to bring her down but vulnerable and fearful around the people she cares about. I can relate to that

Please register in order to view this content

I hope she gets some apologies when this is all said and done. 

The EJ/Stefan pissing contest was stupid. To me, it just feels out of character for EJ. They really needed to stay in their own storylines (Stefan, with Brady and Chloe, EJ, with Shawn, Belle, Eric, Sloan, etc.) and avoid this crap for the most part. 

I am interested in how Talia and Jada are going to play out tomorrow though. 

• Members

@AbcNbc247

Oh I thought you said spitting contest.

And Chanel once again....Sloan Peterson... How many times does that make?

Lots of the scenes today are very cringeworthy.

How can they put such a garbage episode on?

What I suspected. Talia and Sloan's brother are lovers. 

Surprised to see Colin at the end. The ending was the best part of the whole crappy episode.

Spoilers didn't have him appearing until tomorrow.

• Members

Even though we know nothing about Colin's full plan, it seems the Peterson siblings make the most elaborate, time consuming revenge plots ever.  They would probably much better off investing their time in bettering themselves than trying to poison the town or sue people.  I guess that goes for most soap characters, but these plots to destroy Chanel/Paulina seem so complicated!  

• Members

The sister Zoey was played by Britt from GH (at least at first) and she wasn't evil really.  I think she seemed to be more on Orpheus and Christian's sides than she was and ended up just taking custody of David from Rafe.   She was a lawyer to so I can see how that would seem repetitive.

• Members

The bakery biz is fickle.  One day of poor sales and Chanel can't afford Talia's salary (after they sold out of stock yesterday)?

EJ and Talia both have flashback syndrome and EJ and Nicole had the hug of doom. 

DAYS has some weird messaging about consent.  Jen drugged and raped Shawn, but Belle misidentified it as cheating.  Stefan drugged EJ and Nicole, but it they think of it as the regeneration of their relationship.  And Talia drugged Nicole and Eric, but now while they dream about their shared moment of passion, she fears EJ will think she cheated.  I don't think romantic fantasies should include the inability to consent due to being under the influence of a mind-altering drug.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I’m honestly getting curious for a list of repeated plots on DAYS between the brainwashing, shootings, lack of consent, evil siblings, returns from the dead.

I wasn’t expecting an increased budget but they should have the most creative freedom and all they do is wash, rinse, repeat. 

• Members

Idk what to make of Colin yet, but I’m glad that he seems to come off as an actual villain and not some cringey, campy clown. Though I do hope they explain why he has an accent but Sloan doesn’t 

I’m surprised that Alex already had a breakthrough with Marlena. I would’ve thought Ron would give RSW tons of those kinds of scenes with Dee in the hopes of getting him that Emmy

Today’s ending was a bit of a letdown though. Leo planning to mess with Rafe and Jada is not really a hook to get people to tune in tomorrow. Luckily, tomorrow is a Bo and Hope episode. 

And I agree with @j swift The financial status of Sweet Bits is quite a mystery

Edited by AbcNbc247