‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Smart move, those of you who have it it on DVD or digital download. Honestly, I didn’t envision the day when the special would leave broadcast television. I guess I should have known, given the fact that the special began on CBS, then moved to ABC after decades of being on the same network. Still, it’s weird that Apple TV+ would be the platform. At least last year, people could watch/stream on PBS networks and the PBS website. Now, completely corporatized. SMH.

• Members

The article that I posted upthread gave the details on how to stream for free but I just don’t like the way this is being done. It reminds me of how HBO bought the exclusive rights to first-run episodes of Sesame Street, leaving PBS with the only option to show reruns once the entire season of first-run episodes had already run on HBO. The whole idea of Sesame Street was to be accessible to children who had been marginalized.

The fact that you used to be able to watch this programming if you had a basic television and an antenna and now you have to sign up for all these things, just doesn’t sit right with me.

• Members

The Apple TV+ app already comes installed on the iPad and I have an iPad Pro but it’s the principle of the thing that I don’t care for.

My Mom wanted to watch a Christmas special so I logged her onto the Apple TV+ Roku app via iPad Pro, so she could watch the special and she ended up drifting onto Hallmark Channel and taking up a 7 day free trial on Roku and I got charged a transaction fee to my PayPal account. Merry Christmas, lol.

• Members

Yeah, they state in the fine print that it is a possibility for a charge for facilitating these types of transactions. Odd, because when I did the HBO Max/Hulu free trial last year to be available on two devices, I wasn’t charged anything.

She claimed not to have touched any other buttons yet was clearly watching a Hallmark movie. It was only $1, so there’s that.

I bought her the Roku Ultra so I used my PayPal to connect her (there’s no charge to use a Roku in general, but that’s for the Free apps or an account you already subscribe to, I guess).

I preferred it when my brother was using his PayPal on the account but since I upgraded her to the Ultra, I decided to attach my PayPal to the Roku account. Sheesh!  

• Members

I got Apple+ running and will be watching Happy New Year Charlie Brown soon. There's also a newer new Year's episode too. I am surprised that not all the Charlie Brown movies are available considering they are on DVD. It's a shame the New years episode has never been put on DVD or Blu Ray.