Beyond Salem Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

• Members

Episode 3 was really a waste of time. The Bo heaven scenes are terrible and shouldn't have been on  BS2.  All the Bo scenes could've been used on other characters. 

So Joey and Tripp went to Hong Kong to find their dad? Ok whatever...they did look hot shirtless especially Tripp but that's about it.

ED continues to be a hoot!

Please register in order to view this content

Paul and Andrew. Their cliche scenes today were cute yet eye rolling from the I can't make a tie to Paul looking at Andrew with so much thirst to them sharing a room. Why bring on two characters and write their development so slow when they won't be on the main show. Are Andrew and Paul showing up on the main show? I'm sure we'll get a lousy ending with them.

So Hope got married in heaven? Isn't that the same set used for Abe when he died and reunited with Lexi?

The sets on BS2 look so cheap and most if not all reused from BS1. I guess the budget is low again. Did Peacock not supply the $$$$$??

And what the f u c k time is it in Hong Kong??

Wasn't it night when Paul and Andrew arrived? Gabi was in a nightgown.  Few scenes later Paul and Andrew were getting reading for the gala. Was the gala the same night they arrived? Why would Gabi be in a nightgown if she was going to the gala?

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the inference was that Gabi was getting ready for the Gala before she and Shin had sex.  It looked like something someone would get ready in before putting their full dress and makeup on even though it was lingerie.  Like brides wear before their wedding.  So it was night, but not time for sleeping.  Just sex lol.

The only thing I ever remembered about Megan was her amazing permed hair.  I can say I was disappointed when she showed up with a much more sensible do the other day.

• Members

I can see that happening. We got lucky with Zach Tinker, maybe we'll have the same luck next year. Paul and Andrew are good together and bringing them on could actually lead to a good, non-Leo storyline for Will and Sonny.

It should be the other way around. The guy with no experience should be taking tips from the guy with expericne lol 

• Members

It also doesn't help that they are nostalgic for a very specific period of DAYS history; which was arguably not its best.  They tend to like the supercouple era as opposed to the more melodramatic stories by Bill Bell.  We get all of the 1980s references of Renee and Megan, but I would bet we'll never see a salute to Linda Phillips, Susan Martin, or Amanda Howard.  For lack of a better term, it feels masturbatory to write fan fiction based mostly of work created by Thom Racina, without any modern take on the stories.

I mean how would a modern character feel about her father having kids with dozens of different women, without supporting them or helping with childcare?  And how would a contemporary person react to their father's will that demanded that they be married and have a child in order to gain an inheritance?   Just resurrecting people for the purpose of seeming clever is not good writing, if they have no creative purpose to exist in 2022.

To me the webisodes bring back memories of the primetime movies that DAYS and AW produced to coincide with the summer daytime award shows, but very little of that period is ever referenced.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I know that I'm quoting it and I don't want him to be here.......but why would you bring Alan Sarapa here? He's the LAST place I'd go to for soap opinions. 

Not a fan of Jamey. I'd like to enjoy Beyond Salem2, but so far, I don't. Maybe tomorrow.

Edited by TEdgeofNight