Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

It does...kind of.  I mean, you could call him "Charlie," for short, but the LeClair?  It sounds like "eclair" to me, lol.

He COULD take his mother's maiden name, North, but I feel like that would be wrong, since I like Robert Clary/LeClair.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

First of all, it's not that I love WN, lol.  (Although, I thought he was pretty hot when he played the chauffeur and Fallon's boytoy during the first season of "Dynasty").  But, I loved his initial pairing with DHall/Marlena.  In fact, it reminds me a lot of the old Tracy/Hepburn movies, with DHall's Marlena as the sophisticated, cerebral psychiatrist to WN's Roman as the blue-collar, goes-by-his-gut cop.

For me, an ideal storyline would be to have WN's Roman in a love triangle with LR's Billie and LK's Kate.  It'd be a very interesting tale about how mothers and daughters are often in competition with each other.  And even though Kate would be, for me, the more appropriate choice for Roman, in terms of age and everything else, I'd still have her ultimately step aside and allow him and Billie to be together, thereby putting her daughter's happiness ahead of her own.

Actually, Tom Reilly, the ATWT associate writer who came up with Hal/Emily, put them together because he saw them, the cop and the reporter, as a "His Girl Friday" kind of screwball pairing.  (I know that's not how they ended up, lol.)

Ironically, though, I could see JT's Chris hooking up with KA's Billie.  But, hell, he also hooked up with Shannon Tweed, for Chrissakes, lol.

• Members

In a perfect world (of my own design), Chris, John and Roman would each own a third of Brady's Fish Market Pub.  Roman might be retired from the police force, but Chris and John would still have their regular jobs (whatever they are, lol), and all three would take turns tending bar, with an able assist from a young, male barkeep not TOO unlike Woody Boyd on "Cheers."

Edited by Khan

• Members

Chappell/Carly left in September 2011, I'm pretty sure. The big reboot with the launch of Horton Town Square was late September, like the week of the 25th or so, and they spent the weeks leading up to that ushering out a lot of people. Carly went into rehab at some point during the summer, and she left for Europe with Nicholas (played briefly by Cody Longo) -- this was right around the time that Tamara Braun's Taylor improbably left for Dubai or something with Vivian and her forgotten pimp son, Quinn (who then returned a few months later), and they put a quick stop to Chloe's prostitution storyline and shored up her character as best they could before quickly sending her packing, too. It was one of those very clear transition periods. I think Chloe was the only departing character who overlapped with the "reboot" at all -- I remember her final scenes being in the Town Square with Brady and Nicole. Then John, Marlena, Carrie, Austin, and Jack all showed up during the HTS opening.

Ha! I think John is a P.I. now, technically, which suits him more than the ISA stuff. I'm shocked Ron hasn't tried to be clever and pull some Chris Kositchek redux with JT...

• Members

Early Roman/Marlena is amazing.  They are so likable.

I honestly don't see Roman (Wayne's version) in a triangle with mother/daughter.  He seems too blue collar and pragmatic for that.  I honestly had a hard time picturing him with Anna.  She seemed way too glamourous for him (no offense to Deidre as Marlena is glam as well, just more down to earth)

Got you.  They did interact a bit in their first run for sure.  Carly was a big part of the Tale of 2 Romans and she and Bo had that Mayan wedding.  Anyhow, the show did back off their interaction after that.  I am not sure if it was an actual personal issue or just the fact Deidre Hall did nothing for the entirety of 1992

• Members

Dario! (I knew what you meant, lol.) I knew there was another quick exit that I couldn't figure out.

McPherson & Taylor brought Jack back, though. He arrived as their run began. 

In retrospect, and not having seen Anna's intro, it's tough for me to imagine Roman having been with Anna at all! 

I remember the HTS square set. Had many different parts to it. Now it's just one spot. Days can't even afford making the Sweet Bits Bakery set. Chloe's prostitution story felt like it went on forever. It was so dark and depressing. Your knowledge of Days Is fierce 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

If we are talking about Days (even older Days) is it a thread derailment?

Given the current state of Days, I would assume this thread would be lucky to have a watch post about Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall story.*

Message me if anyone finds that movie for free!!

• Members

I must admit there have been times when I wanted to, um, "pay homage" to their original romance - icy blonde psychiatrist meets her match in the rough-around-the-edges cop who's assigned to protect her from a maniacal serial killer - with an original script of my own.  I don't think anyone outside of DAYS fans would notice, do you? 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan