Ads at the bottom of iPad screen - obscuring multi-quote button

• Members

Hi @Errol and @Toups... the recent ad changes on the forums are causing me quite a headache, especially when wanting to use the multi-quote function. The button for multi-quote comes at the bottom right of the screen, which is now obscured by the ad banner. This means I cannot access the button or turn off any multi-quotes that I previously had loaded.

Can we please fix this at some point?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by OzFrog

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

Let me know if the issue has been resolved. I've requested the "X" button to be utilized, if necessary, to help when posting. I'd prefer people not exercising that option as much as possible as that interrupts the financial capabilities for the SON Community, but if it helps with your posting something then use it at will.

• Members

Ah I wondered where that X had come from all of a sudden. Thanks for addressing that so quickly.

I totally understand that ad revenue is a financial source for the boards, but surely it’s doable without interfering with the very mechanisms that allow us to post effectively in the first place!

• Webmaster

I agree. I do not personally control the advertisements or their settings on the message boards -- that's the job of our new ad service provider -- but with people like you letting us know of their experience (good and bad) on the SON Community, and how the advertisements could impact that in a negative way, it helps to make the platform as user friendly as much as possible without harming the platform itself from a financial perspective. Personally, I'm happy we changed ad services as this issue appears to have resolved even quicker than even I imagined, and on a weekend at that.