Seeking John Lennon: via TV séance

Scotty

• Members

Seeking John Lennon: via TV séance

Last Updated Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:16:23 EST

CBC Arts

The folks who produced a critically slammed TV séance that attempted to contact the late Princess Diana are trying again, this time with John Lennon.

The pay-per-view special will travel to places associated with former Beatle John Lennon and psychics will attempt to contact him.

Starcast Productions has announced it will air a pay-per-view special next month that will show psychics travelling to sites around the world related to the former Beatle. The sites include the New York apartment building where he lived and was shot, an Indian town where he took a spiritual retreat and a Los Angeles studio where he once recorded.

The group will then stage a séance to try to contact Lennon, who died 25 years ago.

"People say this is disgusting, and I accept that criticism," Paul Sharratt, Starcast Productions founder and veteran TV producer, told Reuters.

"But we're making a serious attempt to do something that many, many millions of people around the world think is possible."

Sharratt directed 2003's The Spirit of Diana, which attempted to contact the spirit of the late princess, who was killed in a car accident in August 1997.

Though it drew massive criticism from critics, some of whom called it a new low in tastelessness, the pay-per-view special drew more than 500,000 U.S.A. viewers, each of whom paid $14.95 USA to watch it.

"I went into it very skeptically and I didn't come out a total believer, but it was good for a lot of people as a tribute to Diana," Sharratt said.

The Lennon séance will air in the U.S.A. on April 24 and cost $9.95 US. The special is being made without the consent of the musician's estate. However, producers said they are in the process of contacting Lennon's widow Yoko Ono and other family and friends to inquire about interviews for the show.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived