• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Natalie is in the well now.

Btw, another unpopular story playing during the brief drop was Emily Ann going insane, faking a pregnancy with Joey ('Jake'),  and drugging Katie Kennicott (attempting to murder her).

AMC came within .3 of Y&R a couple times in early 1993 (Tad and Dixie).

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

Her "crazy" was annoying.

Janet's "crazy" was haunting and entertaining.

The drop was just a brief lull.

We now know Janet is completely psychotic and put her sister in a well, marrying Trevor while posing as Nat. Unfortunately for Janet, she caught the chicken pox and is sick in bed; she can't make the water/food drop.... will Nat die?

Erica is done with Charlie (who moves out of Pine Valley). Erica now makes her move back to Jackson, which puts her back at odds with Brooke.

Will  Cortlandt becomes more and more devious.

Craig Lawson and Nurse Marsh make a nasty sex tape (poor Dixie!!!)

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

Now, that story, I hated, lol!  Liz Vassey was good, but Michael Brainerd and Greta Lind were so boring.  I didn't understand why Emily Ann went off the deep end for a drip like Joey, lol.

That was when I, as a lifelong AMC fan, began to feel something was very amiss with "my show."  I never could quite put my finger on it - God knows AMC had told a wacky tale or two before then - but I just had this sense that the times, and the show, were changing, and not necessarily for the better either.

Same thing with OLTL, by the way.  In my head, I knew that getting rid of Paul Rauch as EP was the right thing to do, but once I started watching Linda Gottlieb and Michael Malone's work, my heart just wasn't into that show as much anymore.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know SaBa fans didn't care for him as a Ted Capwell recast, but I thought he did a better job playing that role than he did playing Joey Martin.

And he looks okay today, but he's gotta lose the 'stache and goatee.

Edited by Khan

• Members

That's because Gene Palumbo botched the whole thing with some bad writing.  "Marlena returns from the dead" should have been a slam-dunk.  Instead, it was so underwhelming.

OLTL was in serious trouble by the fall of '91.  The show had OD'ed on '80's excess and needed just the right EP/HW team to push it into the '90's.

• Members

JFP's third week and Guiding Light gets its first weekly win over General Hospital since 1984.

Y&R this week: Traci learns she is pregnant.

CBS entire lineup in the Top 5 

Please register in order to view this content

This week was Maury Povich show debut. We are now at five years of Oprah, four years of Geraldo, three years of Live with Regis and Kathie Lee. Keep an eye on Santa Barbara and Loving clearances over the fall.

Edited by kalbir