Ratings From the 90's

• Members

All My Children begins to move into Number 2 now and GH begins its descent to Number 3. OLTL contiunes to drop. SUmmer 1991 will show ATWT getting stronger as well as DAYS...AMC will flounder and hit Number 7 but by August AMC is back to Number 3 and then starting in September begins to solidify Number 2. GH will drop in the fall of 1991.

AMC did another "reset" in the summer of 1991. Agnes Nixon made quick changes in the storylines and adjusted plots and it all became together in the fall of 1991.

OLTL will drop as well.

Restless very strong.

Edited by JoeCool

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Guiding Light May 27, 1991 Melissa Hayden debut.

Y&R June 7, 1991 Nathan and Olivia get married.

Y&R is just so ahead of the pack.

@Soapsuds will be happy to see As the World Turns in 2nd.

CBS entire lineup in the Top 5

Please register in order to view this content

ABC's big three appear to be tanking

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I know "The Second Coming of Gloria (Monty)" hadn't worked out at GH like they had hoped; and I know, too, Paul Rauch had run out of steam at OLTL, which was on the verge of being taken over by Linda Gottlieb if it hadn't already; but what the heck was going on at AMC?  I'm racking my brains trying to figure out what could've happened for them to drop that far.  Had Michael E. Knight just left the show?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yeah....the fans really got hooked into Julie's pregnancy.

6/17/91-6/21/91

ATWT: 6/21/91- Friday cliffhanger- Connor reveals who she really is at the stockholders meeting. Connor begins the final step in ousting Lucinda as CEO of Walsh Enterprise and making her CEO of the company.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Oh yes AMC to Number 7. Agnes Nixon did a reset that summer of 1991. The audience disliked Erica and Charlie storyline immensely. The Ceara abuse storyline was not well thought out. Brooke was out of control. AMC was awful trust me. I stopped watching and went back after Labor Day and it was much better. Honestly, the Erica and Charlie thing was laughable and viewers left.

Edited by JoeCool