DAYS: Vets Return

• Members

Hogan Sheffer always talked a good game, and he talked up what a great character Tony was vs. Andre and how badly he wanted the real dashing, debonair Tony back along with Anna. As a longtime fan of ol' Thaao I loved the idea at the time. The actual story, like all of Sheffer's, left much to be desired. And a year later, I think Dena Higley had Tony, what, killed falling over a low banister?

I'd still be happy to have the real Tony + Anna back. I just have zero faith in DAYS or RC.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Such lost opportunity. I particularly was annoyed at how in 2007 when the "real Tony" (whoever that really could be) was revealed to be stuck on an island since the mid-80's, and he's reintroduced when John & Marlena stumble upon him and he's all giggly with Hawaiian chicks a third his age by his side. 

So he's been stuck on an island for over 20 years and returns to Salem and integrates himself back into society with nary a question about what he's missed over the last two decades or how to work a computer or ANYTHING. 

• Members

I didn't mind that kinda cute intro. It reintroduced the audience to a Thaao/Tony with an entirely different, dashing personality than the tired Snidely Whiplash he'd been playing for decades. It was everything that came after that was a mess.

Archived