OLTL: "Renee Goldsberry" Appreciation Thread

OneLife Fan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you for this thread.

Renee is fabulous in this role of an assertive, independent woman who is not the standard soap cliche of a "!@#$%^&*]" or "victim". Evangeline is a beautiful woman of depth, smarts, confidence, intelligence, sincerity, warmth. She is her own woman. A woman who feels and lives and is not defined by a man, her career and least of all her color!

She and Y&R's Dru need to have a girl's night out.

• Members

They are no words to convey how much I Love this actress and character. She is such a find. This Todd/Vange storyline has got me tuning in and eagerly anticipating OLTL.

What an excellent way to give a character some edge without making her behave out of character. I hope they continue to make Todd and Vangie friends after this arc. Vangie needed this kind of losening up. The Cris/Van painting/icecream thing wasn't working for me. She needs someone like Todd in her corner someone who is NOT afraid to bend the rules. Its funny that Todd and Van knows each others weakness. This goes back to the courtoom when Todd pushes Vangie to bring up John's therapy and Vangie then turn the tables and make Blair look like a possible suspect on the stand. All that stuff is now fitting into the bigger picture. OLTL has struck gold with these two.

I love seeing Vangie the bad liar play the amatuer criminal. Did you see when she found out that some homeless guy found that jacket and she is like Oh my god. That stuff had me rolling.

Love that she was willing to pump John for info on the police so she could report back to Todd and they could stay ahead of the cops. Love that she has Todd's back and didnt give any info on his whereabouts. I even loved when she said to John you don't have to worry because Todd is NOT a murderer. There is so much potential for conflict if these two become close friends.

Carol

Archived