May 24, 20187 yr Member Clinton, Carla and Michael will all be fine. All three of them were successful before the show and will be after the show. I just feel really bad for the crew who will be losing their jobs. You never want that to happen.
May 24, 20187 yr Member The pervert said for everyone to get over losing AMC so what goes around comes around.
May 24, 20187 yr Member I also think that the co-hosts will likely be fine. Symon is probably already fielding offers for new projects. There's so much TV these days that I can't help but believe that everyone else, including the crew will get contacted about other TV, film projects soon. I admit to not paying much attention to The Chew but I wonder whether they had a steady ratings decline recently and perhaps the continuing Batali scandals gave them the final impetus to cancel the show?
May 24, 20187 yr Member 1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said: I admit to not paying much attention to The Chew but I wonder whether they had a steady ratings decline recently and perhaps the continuing Batali scandals gave them the final impetus to cancel the show? I would be absolutely shocked if the scandal didn't play a factor in the cancellation.
May 24, 20187 yr Member 1 minute ago, amybrickwallace said: I would be absolutely shocked if the scandal didn't play a factor in the cancellation. Oh, I absolutely believe it did, ultimately. I just wonder if the show had already been on a downward cycle ratings-wise. It just seemed as if the show's producers probably thought removing him from the show would stop what became the inevitable from happening. In ABC's mind though, this may have been a situation where they were maintaining a wait and see approach. If the ratings were in a gradual decline. Yesterday, someone tweeted that the ratings also declined after Batali's exit., then ABC may have already been on 'cancellation watch'. Edited May 24, 20187 yr by DramatistDreamer
May 24, 20187 yr Member That, I don't know. Can anyone find out what the ratings were before and after Batali was fired in December?
May 24, 20187 yr Member 10 hours ago, ChitHappens said: I have no idea but It was posted that all 3 shows were supposed to go. ABC decided that it would be too risky and Frons was given the task of choosing the survivor. GH was it. No, ABC wanted them all gone. Frons had to beg to save GH because he felt Bob Guza's GH was the crown jewel. The point is, both OLTL and GH were still viable. Even AMC had once been viable before years of sabotage. They cut the shows because reality was more cost-effective and cheap, not because either OLTL or GH were on their last legs. OLTL was still more successful in its timeslot than its replacements.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.