2018: The Directors and Writers Thread

DAYS:

- Sonja Alarr first listed as Script Writer on June 25

She is Albert's wife. 

4 hours ago, Toups said:

DAYS:

She is Albert's wife. 

She wasn't listed Tuesday so probably spec/freelance script like Jenkins, Haddad and Davidson.  

6 hours ago, Toups said:

DAYS:

She is Albert's wife. 

I saw this on the ending credits and figured it was his wife. Does she have any experience in writing?

Edited by Soapsuds

1 hour ago, skiman12082004 said:

So, I noticed Josh Griffith listed as Supervising Producer at Y&R on Friday's episode. I'm a big Y&R fan but can someone please explain to me why the show needs 4 Supervising Producers?

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that many Supervising Producers.   I think Morina and De Cazotte are production producers, so they're probably running the studio/in the booth.  I heard Fisher deals with the finances.  Maybe @mikelyons knows more.

Just now, Toups said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen that many Supervising Producers.   I think Morina and De Cazotte are production producers, so they're probably running the studio/in the booth.  I heard Fisher deals with the finances.  Maybe @mikelyons knows more.

Griffith could replace Mal Young as EP

4 hours ago, Toups said:

Josh Griffith isn't there to replace Mal. For better or worse, they needed a replacement in a pinch and Josh was available. He won't be there for long; he's a temporary hire.

De Cazotte was brought in to replace Freeman and Olsen in the booth. Freeman, a friend of Angelica McDaniel, was fired from the show & Olsen was kicked out of the booth. 

Fisher is a Sony hire to supervise the financial aspect of the show; he's Steve Kent's guy and has been since 2004 (or was it 2003?). He has his own financial team and that aspect is pretty much stripped from the EP.

Morina... I'm not sure what he does on the show. Anyone...?

PS:

Oh, and Mal yelled at Beth Millstein. She's the one who may bring the lawsuit. I do believe she has quit the show.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:39 PM, BetterForgotten said:

Apparently, Jimmy Freeman has left Y&R (on his own according), per his Twitter. 

He was fired. He's Angelica's friend. He didn't quit. 

12 hours ago, mikelyons said:

Josh Griffith isn't there to replace Mal. For better or worse, they needed a replacement in a pinch and Josh was available. He won't be there for long; he's a temporary hire.

De Cazotte was brought in to replace Freeman and Olsen in the booth. Freeman, a friend of Angelica McDaniel, was fired from the show & Olsen was kicked out of the booth. 

Fisher is a Sony hire to supervise the financial aspect of the show; he's Steve Kent's guy and has been since 2004 (or was it 2003?). He has his own financial team and that aspect is pretty much stripped from the EP.

Morina... I'm not sure what he does on the show. Anyone...?

PS:

Oh, and Mal yelled at Beth Millstein. She's the one who may bring the lawsuit. I do believe she has quit the show.

He was fired. He's Angelica's friend. He didn't quit. 

Gosh, this reads like absolute carnage. And Mal Young seems to be at the centre of all of it. He seems to have been given the go-ahead to upset as much of the applecart as he wishes. 

At this stage I think he will be given as much leeway as Steve Kent et al can give him. This fits in with the idea I’ve seen floated around that CBS/SONY want a certain type of show and people like Jill Farren Phelps/Charles Pratt Jr/Mal Young are seen as proponents of that style, hence them being given more time as opposed to (more) traditional writers like Kay Alden (and Sally Sussman, faults and all) who were given 8 months and shown the door as soon as possible.

18 hours ago, mikelyons said:

PS:

Wait, what?  Lawsuit?  :huh:

On 9/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, Toups said:

Wait, what?  Lawsuit?  :huh:

While I sometimes read Highlight Hollywood (http://highlighthollywood.com/2018/08/the-young-and-the-restless-sony-to-be-rocked-by-metoo-movement-several-women-considering-lawsuits/) with a raised eyebrow, the mention of Mal being abusive to female writers was apparently about Beth Milstein, which my source told me after it was published. She's apparently not at the show anymore & considering a lawsuit. 

Also, a lot of the turmoil that has been seen on screen & behind the scenes in the last few years has been down to Angelica McDaniel. She's running the show into the ground as she attempts to make it in her image. The establishing shots, new sets, change in lighting, increased pacing, firing of vets are on down to her. This new Rosales family is her baby, her idea, and a rift on her maiden name (Rojas...or something like that). She needs to go. Now. Since CBS pays the licensing fee and has pushed out the Bells, Steve Kent isn't to blame for everything... 

Edited by mikelyons

^Tea.

I wonder if Angelica McDaniel is long for this world at CBS after being so vehement in her support of Les Moonves. Who knows? Being so aligned with the previous regime could put a target on her back, but it depends on the new management.