ABC Movie Of The Week: All My Darling Daughters & My Darling Daughters Anniversary

SoapDope

• Members

I recently bought the two films All My Darling Daughters (1972) & the sequel My Darling Daughters Anniversary (1973). The movies were aired on the ABC movie of the week. Remember TV movies before they became extinct ? 

Both films star several daytime and primetime stars. Robert Young (Father Knows Best & Marcus Welby M.D.) plays the father of 4 daughters who all wind up getting married on the same day. Sharon Gless (Cagney & Lacey), Fawne Harriman (Somerset), Judy Strangis (Deidre Hall's co-star in Electra Woman & DynaGirl), and Darleen Carr (tons of shows and movies) play the daughters. One of the grooms to be is played by Colby Chester (Y&R). John Lupton (DOOL) also appears as a lawyer in the court room.

In the 1973 sequel. Lara Parker (Dark Shadows) takes over for Fawne Harriman since she was on Somerset at that point. Anna Lee (GH) appears as the judge who marries Robert Young to Ruth Hussey. 

They are pretty good films that are a throw back to the days of syrupy sweet love stories. Too bad those days are long gone.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived