Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CAUGHT UP!!!

It's been a while since there has been a Victor/Jack confrontation so I didn't mind it at all and as a Friday cliffhanger.

Just when Hilary was going to leave well enough alone, Cane had to get in her face.

Guess who's back tomorrow? hehe.

I thought last week ending strong. And today's episode also started strong with a nice mix of stories...most of which (Dina-which btw I agree story is stalling, B&S, and Nikki) are the ones I want to see so good. First Monday that felt like it is continuing on from last week versus jarring...which the last two Mondays have been.

• Members

The Victor/Jack scenes were disappointing. :-(

I really enjoy Hillary, she's much like a young Jill.

Killing off Diane will always be a mistake, and even worst was casting her with Maura West. Alex Donnelly will always be Diane to me. I liked Susan Walters too, but she could never match the intensity.

I like that Lily is willing to forgive Cane, because as much as I can't stand them together, they are pretty solid and Lily did cheat on Cane.

They've done wonders with Sharon. I hope they keep it up. I loved her showing Nick the door for being evasive. 

• Members

Yeah, Jack/Victor did pepper out at the end, but I started well.

Oh...how I miss Alex Donnelly. She...and her feud/catfights with Nikki...are what stood out for me as a kid. Never...other than Viki/Dorian have I've seen such hatred between two women.

Loved that moment with Sharon as well.

• Members

Games of Thrones would go into long stretches without showing characters, which seems to be something you have a problem with.

You're right, Y&R had stories, I just framed it incorrectly. I meant with Y&R it always felt more about conversations, rivalries, and dialogue. Basically, it was more character driven. I'm indifferent on Sally. Like you, I can simply nitpick about everything on Y&R and television, but it's not worth it to me. If Y&R gets boring again to me, I will simply tune out.

Basically with some people you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yeah, it just goes to show that Jack/Victor work better apart these days supporting other stories.

I wonder what Alex is up to these days? And yes, her battles with Nikki were always fun. The music, lighting and everything in there scenes were always on point

• Members

What was up with the scene where Chelsea asked Victor for advice on her fashion design company?

The entire discussion lasted about 20 seconds, she thanked him for the advice, and that was it. Does a fashion designer REALLY need to be told that if she sells cheap knockoffs it will hurt her brand??? She needed VICTOR for that???

• Members

It was pretty silly and unneeded. I wonder where they are going with that though, since ethical clothing is a pressing issue. I hope it doesn't end up like the Fenmore story, bringing a late but relevant story to the forefront only to have it dwindle away. It's funny because Sears Canada just did creditor protection.

• Members

This me feeling sad for Lily

Please register in order to view this content

. Cane came into her life as a lie, almost got her kill, sent her to the crazy house, & the whole Chloe thing. This is how I really feel about Lily, I don't feel sad for her at all . 

Maybe because I know she going to forgive him in the end while he does something else to her.

• Members

The way early victoria was written...i always saw her eventually swearing off men and focusing on work...plus starting her own legacy.  She was always the female version of Victor...while Nick was always the male version of Nikki.  Bill Bell then Kay Alden established and maintained this structure for many years.  I don't get why later writers would mess with this since the work was already done and all they had to do was maintain it.  

I'm seeing the show is finally finding its footing...and it does take at least six months to adjust a show when a new writer takes over.  If people recall...Sussman's very own creation Generations started out with lots of talking and little plot/action...but after several months finally started gaining momentum.  So to me..Sussman takes awhile to get cooking.

Archived