• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Anybody watch season 2?

Ralph Angel is one more beautiful manchild. I can't stand his tantrums but love his acceptance of Blue. He talks all that big talk about the farm and then comes crawling back. And Charley just allows it without throwing it in his face. She's a far better woman than me. 

Micah's recounting of his arrest was haunting. The cops terrorize people like that every day. Evil. 

I'm loving Nova's arc this season. She's met a man with friends in high places. She's too scared of selling out that she's limiting herself. Purity is all well and good but she needs to be prepared to continue to not have resources she needs to make a a bigger impact. She's cutting off her nose go spite her face. That he's gorgeous, educated, driven, and totally enamored of her should seal the deal. That's a power couple in the making. 

Remy is sweet but I can feel Charley and Davis reuniting in the future. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Ralph Angel's face broke my heart. Greg Vaughn looked dayum good, but I don't blame Nova for showing him the door. 

Michael Michele as Darla's mom and Sharon Lawrence as Charley's had some great scenes. I especially liked SL in her scene with Nova, as well as her final scene with Tina Lifford.

Oh @ajsp35801, I so see Charley and Davis  working it out. Horizontally and emotionally.

I really like the way the actor playing Micah plays the beats of his story.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Vi and Hollywood's wedding was the perfect ending for the season.

When  Prosper got the deed to his house from Charley---great scene. Henry G. Sanders is perfect in this role.

Micah came into his own with that speech. The reactions of Vi, Hollywood, Nova and RA to his revelation about the cop putting the gun in his mouth  were spot on.

I really love that Charley has a "good" man in her corner. 

I enjoyed the finale and am looking forward to what the next season has in store. 

• 9 months later...
  • Members

It was a great kickoff to the new season. I've long maintained that this show is the closest thing we've got to old-style daytime soaps, before Dallas and Dynasty and the go-go '80s led every show to focus on outrageously wealthy characters and increasingly outlandish plots. Everything that happens in this show seems like it could and would actually happen to these people, and the consequences for them, their family and their community are finely observed. It reminds me of the way Doug Marland built his canvases -- and this season's plot about Nova's book (and the impact it will have on the people she loves) calls to mind Jamie Frame's notorious novel on AW.

I also love the way this show looks, from the lighting that beautifully highlights every shade of skin to the artfully composed shots of bucolic Louisiana. My only frustration is that I can't seem to convince anyone else to watch it! 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

This weeks May 2020 Covid episode had some really great scenes among the  quarantined factions of the Bordelons.

Vi inviting a scared and lonely Mr. Prosper  to stay with her as Hollywood went to see his mother, only to have to take mom off a ventilator led to an excellent scene from Tina Lifford and Omar Dorsey

Please register in order to view this content

over the phone.

Ralph Angel leaving this year's crop to the land, taking a job and being "of service" as a janitor like Ernest had been.  His new friendship with Reggie, a nursing home patient, reuniting  Reggie with his wife (through a shut window) was beautiful.   Ralph Angel's subsequent proposal was all it should have been.

Nova and Calvin's new quarantine buddy, his college aged daughter was nothing I expected and I should have.  When she told Nova she had never seen her father so happy. I smiled.

Of course it was Charlie and Micah's scenes that held the  never expected scene.  Her  first (well second) truly sincere apology for her slip of the tongue. Telling him he was the same as his father. Their conversation about being a single mom when she tossed his father out for two months---but that his dad showed up for him every day was a nice touch.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Jim Halterman interviews Rutina Wesley, one of the stars of Queen Sugar in advance of the Sept. 6, 2022 premiere of the Seventh and final season of Queen Sugar.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1058830/queen-sugar-season-7-nova-calvin-rutina-wesley-greg-vaughn/

Rutina talks about working with Greg Vaughan who played her love interest.

“I love working with Greg Vaughn, and I’ll tell you why,” Wesley starts, before adding, “We tested together and ever since the moment I saw him, we were really connected. I remember he walked in the room and I was like, ‘Whoa’ … Greg makes me feel sexy, he makes me feel beautiful. He looks at me in a way that people haven’t looked at me before. So he makes me feel good, and I need that.”

Edited by janea4old

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Sam Landry losing everything and  getting screwed over by his nephew. Bravo to Ana Duvernay for ending the series on such a great high.  Watching RA, Darla, Prosper, Billie, Cardale and Miss Parthena as they walked out of the room was great--and Jacob referring to them as the true leaders of their community leaving Sam for dust. 

Please register in order to view this content

Great to see Remy, Charley and Calvin all in the finale, but Glynn Turman's flashbacks with Prosper were flawless. As Prosper relayed the comments Ernest had made, his pride in  Nova and RA beamed through. 

Kofi Siribo and Rutina Wesley both hit all the marks.  RA going after Darla and expressing himself so eloquently. Nova finally letting go of all the turbulence and pain from the past and accepting Calvin as the true love she always craved was such an emotional scene.  The light in Trudy's room beaming in on her.  Just beautiful.

Hollywood's impassioned speech at the town hall as he went after the Board of Education seat almost had me ready to vote for him.

Vi and Hollywood and that cute little foster child they ended up with... awwww.

The only thing missing from watching this finale-- not having one of Vi's Pies to eat while watching!